Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 10-29-2007, 04:04 PM

Default variance: Running Oats

I first heard about the oat running business in this post (warning: may contain oot content) by Assani Fisher. I was intrigued by the idea of getting paid a million dollars plus $50k per year for a few minutes of work each day. Upon reading Assani's post, I pm'ed him and he put me in contact with an oat running recruiter named Tim Smiley. Tim works out of the Yuma, AZ location. I wasn't particularly interested in moving to Yuma or to New City, NY but Tim told me that new oat-running locations would be opening up shortly, and that he'd keep me up to date on new locations. My hope at the time was that one of the new locations would be somewhere in Southern California. This was back in October of 2006 and I had mostly forgotten about it.

For you guys who don't want to read Assani's post, here's a summary of the deal:
[ QUOTE ]
They need people who will go to a specified location every morning at 4:30 AM. The location will be the same every day. You then pick up an enormous pot of hot oats..... Your job is to move the pot 1 mile in distance..... Should you not give maximum effort each and every day, then you will be fired. You do not need to be in great shape; You just need to give maximum effort...... A few other rules: You must be on time each day, you may not be intoxicated in any way when you show up, you may not wear socks.

they will give you $1 million up front, and then you are locked into a 21 year contract doing this..... they pay $47,619 per year..... Should you break the contract, you must repay the $1 million no matter how far into the 21 year you are. So obviously there is some risk here....

After 21 years, you are eligible for the role of supervisor.... Supervisor positions will be handed out solely based upon points accumulated during your 21 year career. And this is where the big money is at!

[/ QUOTE ]

Last month, I quit playing poker for a living because of a 100 buy-in downswing and I started looking for a new career. I called up Tim and he said that a new oat running location has been opened outside of Fontana, CA. Perfect! I'm still not 100% sure about the deal, because I think that it might be difficult to run the oats perfectly every morning. But I'm willing to give it a shot because I'm pretty busto as it is, so I could really use that million dollars that I get when i sign the contract.

So today I'm driving from LA out to Fontana. I'm going to spend the night on my cousin Jerome's couch, and then I plan on going to the oat running location and signing the contract. As soon as I sign the contract, they'll give me a check for a million dollars. Then I can rent a real kick-ass condo somewhere nearby, and I'll start my career as a professional oat runner. I'll put all my updates in this thread.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: variance: Running Oats

plz describe ur intentions for the initial $1M. Also, we need other variables to properly evaluate this situation for you.

-current age
-expected salary if you pre-opt out
-expeceted death age
-IRR on the $1M
-all the other things I over-looked
Old 10-29-2007, 04:14 PM

This is really stupid. Lock/delete/ban imo. It was proven in that thread that the whole thing is a hudge scame/cult like scientology. OP is either in on it (superuser?) or a mindless dupe about to get bbq'd and eaten by a bunch of ravenous gypsies.

shotgun.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:16 PM

that thread spawned one of the very best gimmick posters ever

"You just run the oats, man. You just run the oats."
Old 10-29-2007, 04:23 PM

I guess I don't know the history behind this whole drama/fiasco. However, I really think it poses an interesting scenario. I could literally spend all day going through the pro's and con's of running oats, but obviously i have better things to do. But I don't see how it's -EV to discuss the potential of a ficticious situation.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:43 PM

I'll admit that the whole giving back the million dollars if you get fired thing is kinda scamey, but I'm pretty good at going to work every day even if I'm sick. One time in college when I had a job driving around delivering the school's newspaper to local stores, I was really sick with a flu or something, and I just went and did my job because those papers weren't gonna deliver themselves. The oats aren't gonna run themselves imo.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I don't know the history behind this whole drama/fiasco. However, I really think it poses an interesting scenario. I could literally spend all day going through the pro's and con's of running oats, but obviously i have better things to do. But I don't see how it's -EV to discuss the potential of a ficticious situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you are a noob so Ill give you a pass here, but plz watch your mouth when you talk utter bull [censored]. This job offer is chillingly real, which was proved beyond a doubt at the end of the last thread in ways that I dont think anyone involved is too proud of.

STG: Seek help.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:55 PM

lol, this is not a scam. my neighbors cousin has been running oats for 3 years. he used to be a total bum, now he lives in a mansion.

Also, those gimmick accounts were amazing.
Possibly the greatest I have ever seen.