Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 10-20-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Anyone here own Folklore?

I just played half of the demo and absolutely loved it. Im gonna play the other half once Im done posting. I couldn't find any thread to this date talking about the game. Does no body here actually own a PS3 besides me? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Im thinking about purchasing it, but Id like to hear from anyone who owns it.

For those who haven't heard of it, download the demo and you might actually enjoy it.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Anyone here own Folklore?

I didn't realize there was a demo, i will certainly dl it as i want to play it. Its an Action RPG like KOTOR right?
Old 10-21-2007, 12:13 AM

Its actually listed as an Adventure Game I believe, but it plays like an Action RPG. The game actually came out on the 9th, so the demo probably has been around for awhile. The combat is pretty fun, none of that turn based crap.

It seems the main quest is about 15 hours worth of game play, but with sidequests, and other stuff it goes into 30 hours+. Supposed to been new sidequests released for download on the 18th, but I haven't looked to verify. Looks like Ill be heading down to Circuit City tomorrow to pick it up.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:29 AM

Let me know how you like it. I loved the demo.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:39 PM

i liked the demo conceptually, but the pacing wasn't fast enough for me and i was particularly annoyed with speed of attack and camera angles. i think it would be better to make the attacks weak, but still responsive in the beginning rather than forcing level-ups to make the combo system more fluid. the camera was a chore for me even though i made liberal use of the L1 button. the trailer still looks varied, though, and i think the addition of voice acting could have done a lot for the demo.