Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 09-15-2007, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Standard Blind Steal Situations

hand one is quite a different line, btw. i go, go, stop, stop.

i use it on occasion in situations like these by grabbing initiative early in the hand OOP, but relenquish it on the big streets if i'm planning on showing down regardless of what the board brings(for the most part).

it tends to build a pot early when my hand is often best. a common result on later streets is an increase in the bluffing frequency of our opponent. combine this with preserving my effective odds postflop(plus a couple other benefits) and it is a line that can be situationally acceptable.

i don't really have the time to get into the nitty gritty of when/why i use it but it can be correct when OOP against an aggressive opponent against whom you are wanting to showdown.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:44 PM

To be honest, I confused myself on hand 1. I think you are correct that he will bet any draw there given the weak nature of your line.

[ QUOTE ]

when i check that turn, i absolutely must call any river. that turn check opens up his range considerably. he will often fire any two cards in an effort to pick up the pot. to combat that, i'm showing down every time in that scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling ANY river in a lot of spots is a major leak. he may fire any two cards on that river, but you need to think of his range when he peels the flop. Give me one hand he has that does not include a Q, J, T, 9 by this point. Kx <3s does not make up enough of his range for you to be good 1/4 times. There will be times that you are bluffed here, but not enough for you to make a +EV call.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think calling ANY river in a lot of spots is a major leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't do it in "alot" of spots, i'm doing it in one and it's a blind steal situation.

[ QUOTE ]
he may fire any two cards on that river, but you need to think of his range when he peels the flop. Give me one hand he has that does not include a Q, J, T, 9 by this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

how about most any Ax, a heart draw, 22-77, 78, K8, and more that i can't come up with off the top of my head. in other words it can easily be 25% of his range. after the game i'll try to expound if you don't believe me.