Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 12:28 AM

Default 10NL: QQ button against passive villan

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Reads: Villan is 21.59/7/2.6 with a WTSD that is only 18. He hadn't played much throughout this session much less raised much pf. I would normally raise this hand but at the time his stats were a little more tight/passive so I thought his raising range was 10's-A's and AK, maybe AQ.

SB: $9.75
BB: $4.75
UTG: $20.00
UTG+1: $11.85
MP1: $3.15
MP2: $1.35
MP3: $10.85
CO: $7.25
Hero (BTN): $10.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, 3 folds, <font color="red">MP3 raises to $0.40</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.30

<font color="blue"> I wanted to play this hand in position and see a flop before i decided that I was committed to this hand. We still had a lot of money to bet and I was not sure quite where I was at in the hand yet.</font>

Flop: ($1.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $1.35</font>, <font color="red">MP3 raises to $3.00</font>, Hero?

<font color="blue">At this point I didn't feel that I was committed to the hand and I didnt think I had too much equity against this players range which I put on J's-A's. I had two options here a shove or a fold, what do you guys think? I played it so passive I assume the villan wasn't really concerned with what I have and was raising the donk bet as well.</font>
Old 08-23-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: 10NL: QQ button against passive villan

Not raising this PF to be HU is terrible. RR 100% of the time please.

As played you gotta dump it to a donk out and a raise in front.