Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Beta-Alanine

I read a couple things and am up in the air. Seeing as people reinforced my current feelings about whole wheat bread previously. I will disclose that this time I really have no feelings and am just looking for personal experiences or thoughts of when you would be using them as well.

Side Note: I still find myself unable to give up Hamburger buns. White bread... Bleh.

My current thought is that since Beta-Alanine allows for increased tolerance to volume I could load this in my next EDT cycle (preferably when I stop facing massive soreness and get a better grasp on loading and protocols) and see better results that directly correlate to an increase of work density. This seems logical to me. But feel free to punch holes in it or suggest cheap places to purchase it. (Bulk Nutrition seems to have a kilo for 60 bucks. Better than 180g at T-nation for 48 bucks. I think I can buy a pill pressing machine and make a kilo of pills for cheaper than buying that much beta alanine.)

On second thought... at a cost of 60 bucks for a 600-1000 day supply...
Old 07-09-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Beta-Alanine

Here is a link where a guy reviews some studies done on beta-alanine. His comments are interesting and he does show some errors in the study. I can understand why he would be skeptical but I can't understand why he would say don't buy it (unless there is a study that shows it has no benefits).

http://evidencebasedfitness.blogspot...l/beta-alanine

also for anyone interested here is a good power point presentation on beta-alanine from t-nation.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1228076
Old 07-10-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Beta-Alanine

You can get BA for a kilo at 37.95 at Nutraplanet, or you can get it in tablets at NP for 17.50. NP is most likely the new champion of places to get your supps now that Bulk N is under new management as Mike (former dude who ran it) is running a supplement company.