Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: $110 NLTRN River Decision

what do you think his turn minraising range is? i kinda like openshoving, unless you think his range is weighted towards semibluffs, in which case c/c.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:23 PM

I like flop C/C and turn lead given read.

Any interpretation of his turn min raise? He has ~700 after that, is it conceivable that you still have fold equity? The minraise could be a weak 1 pair hand 6x, 4x Looking to get to SD cheaply, either way it's a strange bet I'd probably shove turn over the top of his bet.

For that reason maybe CR Turn AI is viable too.

As played, I shove river, hope he gets stubborn with w/e.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:14 PM

The tough part of this hand for me was the river. I thought my line up until there was fine given all my reads.

I felt there was a lot in his range on that turn raise mainly a king or a 6. It could be a straight obviously but I think I'm getting the odds here and I don't think he really ever shows up with a flush draw. He could conceivably have Xd6d but I don't think he's going to raise the turn here with that kind of hand. He might, however.

When calling the turn I was thinking "I should lead out for 500 on my hit river, I think he's going to call with a lot of one pair hands, especially with the flush hitting."

I decided to check and he checked behind and flipped AA and I wondered about the river. I don't think it was necessarily results oriented either, I think there's room for some sort of profitable semi-thin bet on this river against this player.

Anyways, it seems I've been taking the wrong hands too far and not firing enough with my better hands at times, so I was curious to know what everyone thought of this hand.

I'd like to hear what Cwar and Hokie think of this hand (obviously Hokie was leveling) as I think they are two of the better regular posters in the forum, but I respect most everybody's opinion who posted and thank you for it.

Edit: And back to the river, this just popped into my head. At the time I was thinking he will only shove the extra that I don't bet with a better straight or a flush on rivers, and that convinced me to check call and see if he'll bluff the river (which didn't really seem great IMO bc he's not a maniac if he sees I called his raise on this board I doubt he's value betting/bluffing much here that I beat). So I was kind of stuck in between here, got indecisive and went with a check.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:22 PM

once again, i suck at sngs etc. but i think if you bet the river it should be a shove. esp vs someone who can put you on a missed draw and make hero calls.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:40 PM

That's the tough part in my mind because I think his range is made up a lot of one pair hands he "thinks" are probably good.

It might be a question of is he more likely to bet a strong one pair or call an open shove?

I think he looks down at a four straight board, looks at his strong one pair hands (majority of his range I put him on, obviously busted draws, hit draws, two pairs, trips could all be here from someone like this) and gives up. It's hard to look back objectively and tell myself I should check this river. That's why I posted this.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think he looks down at a four straight board, looks at his strong one pair hands (majority of his range I put him on, obviously busted draws, hit draws, two pairs, trips could all be here from someone like this) and gives up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not so much gives up as decides he wants a showdown. It's very hard to value bet one pair into this board, and he doesn't want to let you use the four-straight to bluff him off a reasonably-sized pot.

You have to find some sort of a bet here. What changed your mind from when you planned to bet 500 to when you actually checked?
Old 07-05-2007, 09:00 PM

I must've decided he would bet. There's no other reason I could have checked here. Given my river action my turn call is probably not getting the proper odds.

P.S. Teach me six-card stud.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Teach me six-card stud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. Six-card stud thread.

I'm actually reading a book right now that's old enough to include six-card stud and six-card Razz, but I haven't gotten to that part yet.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:00 PM

I don't like your turn line. When OOP keep the pots small when you have a marginal hand. Good players will raise with a wide range when you CC flop and lead the turn. CC the turn is a better play IMO and most likely river. River is more read based however because he would most likely rather check a hand like middle pair down the bluff, trying to represent the better straight. usually in spots like that I try to logically reason that it's unlikely theyd bluf unless they were triple barreling with air which still then makes it possible for them to stumble into a straight. Getting the pot that big by the river though just puts you in a tough spot.