Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Fairway Woods

I just recently upgraded to a newer set of irons and I now need to upgrade my fairway woods. I currently have some old Delta woods, a 3 and a 5 and would like to get just a 3 and a 5. I was browsing ebay and could not believe they had over 2000 listings for lefties, so I was wondering what woods people have had good experience with, or if there is anything you can recommend for a high handicap golfer?
Old 06-29-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Fairway Woods

The new hip thing is a hybrid instead of a 5wd these days. Personally I carry a 2 iron though. I have a titleist 904f(?) 3 wood and with the right shaft it could be good for any ability level.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The new hip thing is a hybrid instead of a 5wd these days. Personally I carry a 2 iron though. I have a titleist 904f(?) 3 wood and with the right shaft it could be good for any ability level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't imagine hitting a 2 iron but when you talk about hybrids are you talking about the Taylor Made fairway clubs? Seems like they make alot of these types of clubs.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't imagine hitting a 2 iron but when you talk about hybrids are you talking about the Taylor Made fairway clubs? Seems like they make alot of these types of clubs.

[/ QUOTE ]If you are better playing woods, then stick with your 3 & 5, especially if you need them a lot on your home course.

I recently bought Ping G5's, and they are the first Pings I've owned, they are superb.

Also get a hybrid and ditch the 3 & 4 iron.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:47 AM

There are all different brands of hybrids now. Pretty much all of the major brands make a hybrid, not just taylor made. The benefit of the hybrid is it gives you the control of an iron but it is easy to hit like a wood. If you don't replace the 5wd with one I'd second fatshafts reccomendation and see about replacing the 3 and 4 iron with hybrids.

The most important part of fitting the club to your game is what kind of shaft you put in them.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The most important part of fitting the club to your game is what kind of shaft you put in them.

[/ QUOTE ]If your shafts are graphite and wrong for you, you might as well use a stick, this is great advice.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:56 AM

Rather than starting a new thread...

I'm just out for the occasional hit-and-giggle these days in sneakers with 7 or 8 sticks.

I'm in the market for a gap 7-ish wood (about 175 yards for me) to fit between my Taylor 18-degree 5 wood and 30-degree Hogan 6-iron. I am a major fan of Taylor Made, but I don't see anything in their inventory as weak as 24-degrees. Suggestions?
Old 06-30-2007, 10:01 AM

hybrid

more options