Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/10)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Classic from Safai. Asking Hellmuth if he jacked off while looking at a picture of himself, then had to take a shower when it got all over him. Wow. Priceless

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally found this comment distasteful and out of line even if Safai really did just repeat what the others had said when Phil was away. But I'm not a Phil hater.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is poker not bridge!

How long until Safai gets his own thread where the Helmuth sycophants talk about what an annoying fish he is?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:04 PM

The real suspense at this point is not whether Safai felts Hellmuth, or silent Mike felts Mike the Mouth. The real suspense is will Todd play a hand all season?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I'm hard to read because I talk when I have big hands")

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not TIVO this but I could have sworn the exact quote was something like "I'm hard to read because I talk when I have big hands too ". Can someone confirm the exact quote?

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I did a double-take at the quote I THINK I heard (above) because I thought that was the biggest tell he's ever let out (unless, of course, he's going third level). It just seemed very genuine and in my mind first instinct would have had him on a bluff at that comment.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The real suspense at this point is not whether Safai felts Hellmuth, or silent Mike felts Mike the Mouth. The real suspense is will Todd play a hand all season?

[/ QUOTE ]

he had aces one hand
Old 09-11-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he had aces one hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and he reraised big and everyone folded since he's been playing pretty tight.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Classic from Safai. Asking Hellmuth if he jacked off while looking at a picture of himself, then had to take a shower when it got all over him. Wow. Priceless

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally found this comment distasteful and out of line even if Safai really did just repeat what the others had said when Phil was away. But I'm not a Phil hater.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is poker not bridge!

How long until Safai gets his own thread where the Helmuth sycophants talk about what an annoying fish he is?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually love Hellmuth and I think Safai's comment was priceless.. this guy looks like he might be great as a HSP regular.

Also, next week I think the game is really going to take off. We have heard that season 4 gets ridiculous in the action department and it looks like next episode that will begin. First 3 episodes were a nice start.

Peace
Old 09-11-2007, 01:10 AM

This was my all time favorite HSP episode. Action out the wahzoo with multiple players PF, felting, quick calls on all streets, a great line by Bob Safai (will go down as one of the best one liners on any poker show), good bluff reads (MM vs Harabalos), Hellmuth on tilt, and the game played exactly like the typical game at the bike.

The 2 new guys are excellent additions to the show and they play fast and are willing to raise and get involved in big pots. Plus they both have years' experience live so they aren't cowed by Hellmuth and his comments.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here starts a thread for all discussion regarding the 9/10 episode of High Stakes Poker, airing at 9pm ET tonight on GSN. As usual, please try to note any spoilers for those on the West Coast, who are Tivoing the show, or watching the show later on the various other ways it can be watched (but not linked to).

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to me that once the show is over it should be fine to post whatever we want in the official threads. If I am tivo'ing and haven't watched yet then I'll make it a point to stay out of this thread. I hope others would do the same.

BTW, happy Birthday Kevin.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What was Todd complaining about in the very beginning of tonight's episode?

He said something like, "Why are you asking? What's the rule here? There should be a rule here?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was complaining about the 72. One of the new guys was asking about it and Todd sounded like he didn't want to keep it going and was hoping someone else would object.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do you guys think, in general, the 7-2 game makes watching HSP better or worse? i think i like it a bit better

[/ QUOTE ]

Much better.