Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Commerce hand vs CMO

[ QUOTE ]
CMO is a very tough live pro from Minnesota (of course). Tonight he's sort of having fun because he did well when they were playing 2/4 and I get the feeling he is letting off a bit of steam. The game is terrible and playing super tight so he's probably correctly LAGging it up and playing great postflop.

I raise 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP, LAG fish 3 bets, CMO caps on the button. Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] checked to CMO who checks (anyone donk there?).

Turn K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I bet, fish folds, CMO quick raises...I 3 bet intending to bet any river?

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks expensive. I guess you have put him on QQ or JJ, and not the more likely AA, KK, or AK. I think he successfully induced a string of bluffs from you. Probably pocket aces.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:44 PM

Check that flop = AA or KK, but more importantly, what hand do you put him on that would fold to your line that wouldn't spend 1 SB to try and pick up the pot on the flop?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:27 AM

call the turn. If you're going to put a raise in without it, check raise the river.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CMO is a very tough live pro from Minnesota (of course). Tonight he's sort of having fun because he did well when they were playing 2/4 and I get the feeling he is letting off a bit of steam. The game is terrible and playing super tight so he's probably correctly LAGging it up and playing great postflop.

I raise 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP, LAG fish 3 bets, CMO caps on the button. Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] checked to CMO who checks (anyone donk there?).

Turn K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I bet, fish folds, CMO quick raises...I 3 bet intending to bet any river?

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it mostly, bc I think he is trying to rep KKK and thinks you are good enough to fold an A. I think the river bet is close, bc not sure if he would call a 3-bet w/ a 2 outer and also not sure if he would fold KQ ui either, but I would lean towards throwing it in in case he has something like 88.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would CMO check the flop after capping pre-flop? I smell a rat.

[/ QUOTE ]

CMO is capable of having AK or AQ in this hand, in fact, I think that's quite likely what he's got once he raises the turn.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:27 AM

It would help to know what hands he has showdown when he has taken this line in the past (checked behind on flop, bet turn). Its different for different players, though its generally a medium-strength hand. In this case, I'd say its likely to be a K (in a vacuum) unless he is mixing up his game reacting to your playing style. So I'd say a 3-bet with intention of betting any river is actually a pretty good idea here, because I think a K would prolly fold to that much pressure. I like it.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It would help to know what hands he has showdown when he has taken this line in the past (checked behind on flop, bet turn). Its different for different players, though its generally a medium-strength hand. In this case, I'd say its likely to be a K (in a vacuum) unless he is mixing up his game reacting to your playing style. So I'd say a 3-bet with intention of betting any river is actually a pretty good idea here, because I think a K would prolly fold to that much pressure. I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a King? So he 4 bets pre-flop with something like KQ suited?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why would CMO check the flop after capping pre-flop? I smell a rat.

[/ QUOTE ]

CMO is capable of having AK or AQ in this hand, in fact, I think that's quite likely what he's got once he raises the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and I think it's quite likely AKc or AQc because he has no worry of giving a free card to most hands. It seems pretty unlikely to me that he has a hand like QQ and has decided to invest 2 BBs on the turn instead of 1 SB on the flop. Therefore DD I think your play here is spew against this particular opponent. KK is another good possibility.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:28 PM

i dont like this.. just check river if u miss
Old 05-07-2007, 04:45 PM

what does chris think of you?