Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 01-31-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: DeathDonkey is in the well

How long did it take to go from fish to pro?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:20 AM

Coach me? (First I think.)

Advice for adjusting to live play? I've played high online, but I have very limited live experience, a day of 5/5 NL500 and a day of 15/30 FL. When I turn 21 in July, I'll probably be out in Vegas with no idea what I'm doing. Do you have any trouble adjusting to playing with "realer" money live? I was just as nervous playing NL500 with a bunch of donks as I was when I took a shot at 500/1000 on FTP.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How does your wife (of one month) feel about you playing poker for a living, both when you started dating and now that you're married [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm extremely lucky. I've been dating her since before I ever played a hand of poker, and she's been there every step of the way. The great days and the awful ones, she's consoled me the first day I ever lost $100, $1000, and $10,000 and she is never upset by my losses though I am extremely hard on myself. In short, I tricked her into marrying me so I run good for life.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-31-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what is your first name?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris.

[ QUOTE ]
what kind of car do you drive?

[/ QUOTE ]

A 99 Honda Accord my mom gave me. I like cars in theory but not enough to spend money on.

[ QUOTE ]
about a month ago, I was playing .50/1 at Stars. a player by the name of "DeathDonkey" sat down 2 seats to my right. Was that you? I gave a sup bro? but got no response.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was me for sure, as that was my original name on most sites. Sorry I must not have seen your chat. I'm 99% sure I was filming a video for a poker strategy site and 1% tilting off money in a safe game (you were there, if I was playing at all decent than 100% for the poker video site).

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think of this whole Neteller fiasco? Do you think we will ever see our money?

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I thought it would blow over quickly, now I'm honestly a bit worried about it. From what I read in the legislation forum we will get our money, eventually. I have a lot tied up in there so I'm particularly concerned about this info. Stay tuned as I will be I guess.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-31-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How long did it take to go from fish to pro?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only a fish for probably less than a month before I upgraded to mediocre. I would be a fish if I played in games I shouldn't but I think my game selection is for the most part excellent.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-31-2007, 11:48 AM

DD/Chris,

What do you like to do for fun, besides poker of course.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Coach me? (First I think.)

Advice for adjusting to live play? I've played high online, but I have very limited live experience, a day of 5/5 NL500 and a day of 15/30 FL. When I turn 21 in July, I'll probably be out in Vegas with no idea what I'm doing. Do you have any trouble adjusting to playing with "realer" money live? I was just as nervous playing NL500 with a bunch of donks as I was when I took a shot at 500/1000 on FTP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure when I'll be able to get into coaching stuff but I hope to in the future. I totally agree with you about live poker feeling more real money-wise. For me, its knowing those bills I used to have in my pocket are now gone (if I lose) and it is something I can see and feel unlike online where its just numbers. I went from online MMORPGs to poker so online poker has always been like a video game for me I'd say. Live poker is gambling.

Advice for live play...hmm...pay attention at the table! Don't allow yourself to get bored. There is so much to learn if you keep your eyes and ears open, people give everything away. You will be amazed at the clarity of your reads if you are able to do this and make laydowns you couldn't make online in a million years. Don't worry about your own physical tells or crap like that, always verbally say "raise" because you will grab the wrong number of chips and possibly string raise, never blame the dealer, be nice to people at the table even though they usually don't deserve it. Tip a buck when you win a pot that goes to the flop. That's all I can think of now, I'll play with you in Vegas sometime and fix you right up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-31-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DD/Chris,

What do you like to do for fun, besides poker of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually something that bothers me a bit. In the last year since stopping going to school, I've been way too poker-centric. Recently I've been playing tennis with my brother or some friends once or twice a week, so that's a start, but I really need to do a better job of finding things to do besides poker. Not sure if this counts but making dinner and watching a movie with my wife is a lot of fun since we work on different schedules and don't get too much time awake together.

Also recently I've been trying to be more diligent with writing, as I really enjoy it. So I write when I can on my blog and have written a few poker articles that I posted on 2+2. Also have been doing some programming for my websites which keeps me doing something I learned in college so my degree isn't a total waste.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-31-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My main game these days is probably 30/60 online and 100/200 at Commerce. I've played as high as 400/800 (both holdem and mixed games)

[/ QUOTE ]

This brings up something I've wondered about. Is it possible to make a genuine long-term profit playing really high-stakes limit online?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My main game these days is probably 30/60 online and 100/200 at Commerce. I've played as high as 400/800 (both holdem and mixed games)

[/ QUOTE ]

This brings up something I've wondered about. Is it possible to make a genuine long-term profit playing really high-stakes limit online?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the best players, absolutely, though the variance might make some sick. I should clarify that all my hands logged above 100/200 have been at live poker only, never played those scary big online games. I'm not entirely sure I'm answering the question you had in mind, if I didn't please rephrase.

-DeathDonkey