Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-30-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Omaha in the Bay Area

Does anyone know of any mid stakes($500-$2000 buy ins) live Omaha 8 or PLO games in the Bay Area? If so where and what are the games like. Sorry in advance if this has been covered before. Thanks
Old 11-30-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Omaha in the Bay Area

tuesdays at Lucky Chances there is a 10-20 o8 game, which is a nitfest pretty much. everyone seems to spread 4-8 o8. garden city *might* spread 6-12 o8 now. not sure about bay 101, but im sure its spread at some limits.

plo, there is supposedly a 1/2 game in a "card club" thats literally a room at the back of a bowling alley in sacramento.

had i not just blown the head gasket on my car last month, i would have first had TR on it by now.

goddamnit.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:19 AM

I thought the 10/20 Omaha/8 game at Lucky Chances was Thursdays. The Tuesday game was the short-lived return of pot-limit.

(I checked my journal and I'm sure it was Thursdays in the past... but last time I showed up on Thursday it wasn't running.)

I haven't seen an Omaha game run at Garden City except for the day of their Omaha tournament last May; certainly not at 6/12.

Bay 101 4/8 Omaha may not be all that live. Artichoke Joe's gets a table or two running on Wednesdays from people leaving the 1/2 Hold'em 1/2 Omaha tournament, but I think not other days of the week. (http://poker.wikia.com/wiki/Artichoke_Joe%27s says only Wednesday and Friday.)
Old 12-01-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the 10/20 Omaha/8 game at Lucky Chances was Thursdays. The Tuesday game was the short-lived return of pot-limit.

(I checked my journal and I'm sure it was Thursdays in the past... but last time I showed up on Thursday it wasn't running.)

I haven't seen an Omaha game run at Garden City except for the day of their Omaha tournament last May; certainly not at 6/12.

Bay 101 4/8 Omaha may not be all that live. Artichoke Joe's gets a table or two running on Wednesdays from people leaving the 1/2 Hold'em 1/2 Omaha tournament, but I think not other days of the week. (http://poker.wikia.com/wiki/Artichoke_Joe%27s says only Wednesday and Friday.)

[/ QUOTE ]

i was wondering if it was tues. or thurs. myself after i posted that. im simply not sure but youre probably right.

regardless a call to the brush could clear it all up if op was interested.

i believe the GC game is new, it was discussed in a thread here elsewhere. ill try to dig it up.

joes seems to spread o8 whenever the interest list is suitably large.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:55 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...p;Main=13054127
Old 12-01-2007, 06:40 PM

Thanks, I may check it out this week when I'm in town. (I usually play the Stud/8 game there.)

What I'd really like to see at GC is a 6/12 or higher OE mix. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The $6 rake is horrendous, though. In the stud game, there are $1 antes and the rake is taken on 3rd, so 7-handed (not uncommon) you are left with $1 in the middle and a $1 bringin.