Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-01-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Best NFL wide receivers

IMO, Chris Carter should be at least #4.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAh_F2J8bUQ

i'll also take the 10000-1 bet

i mean i think hester is better but dantes return against denver>>>anything hester has done and i still think dante was more hyped up at the time
Old 12-01-2007, 11:58 AM

"24) Jimmy Smith

“he should be in the top 5 not top 30”

Is this your comment Needle? Or are there two people who overrate Jimmy Smith this much?

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 12:04 PM

Irvin > CJ

Also if you took any of the current guys and brought them back in time say 40 years ago, obviously they school everyone. The medical and training advantages they have now are huge. So I'd expect it's normal to say that the list is heavily weighted on current guys.

However if the discussion is just relative to the people they played against, then I fully agree that this list is crap.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
randy ratio is best eva

[/ QUOTE ]

John Taylor made many huge touchdown runs because of the Jerry Rice block. How often has Randy Moss made a key block for his teammates?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who told you that, ESPN?

A) You dont know if Rice singlehandedly made "many huge TD runs" because of his blocks.
B) You dont know that Randy doesn't block.

Assume you are right: Bobby Wade is an awesome blocker for a WR, is he good? nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 63 and a native San Franciscan. Don't need ESPN. I saw those games. Rice plays hard even when the play isn't designed for him. And Rice blocks for the other receiver.

[/ QUOTE ]

You get all of the Moss's games in SF? Also, so your a homer?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can debate who is better and all that but i say what you should ask is if you were starting a franchise who would you want on your team. Order imo:
1. rice
2. owens
3. harrison
4. moss

i think alot of people underrate owens because of his drops. Ya he led the league in drops last year but also remember that he was playing the entire season with a broken bone in his hand. despite the drops he has still produced more than any other receiver in the last string of years.

Most importantly he works harder than anyone, and he gives 100% on every play. Hes not team destructive, hes just an idiot. I'll take it

[/ QUOTE ]

He works harder, he gives 100%, and Moss STILL outperforms him on a regular basis. Just think what would happen if Moss gave 100% and worked hard right?

So yeah, take Moss.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
randy ratio is best eva

[/ QUOTE ]

John Taylor made many huge touchdown runs because of the Jerry Rice block. How often has Randy Moss made a key block for his teammates?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who told you that, ESPN?

A) You dont know if Rice singlehandedly made "many huge TD runs" because of his blocks.
B) You dont know that Randy doesn't block.

Assume you are right: Bobby Wade is an awesome blocker for a WR, is he good? nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 63 and a native San Franciscan. Don't need ESPN. I saw those games. Rice plays hard even when the play isn't designed for him. And Rice blocks for the other receiver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm 24 and a native Minnesotan and the idea that Moss doesnt block is a jopje perpetuated by the same guys who think anyone plays 100% on every play. He blocks. He just doesnt get the pub for it that Hines Ward gets. And he probably isnt the best blocker in the world, but that doesnt mean he doesnt do it.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Irvin > CJ

Also if you took any of the current guys and brought them back in time say 40 years ago, obviously they school everyone. The medical and training advantages they have now are huge. So I'd expect it's normal to say that the list is heavily weighted on current guys.

However if the discussion is just relative to the people they played against, then I fully agree that this list is crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how we have these discussions like this about football and for some reason no one ever mentions steroids. Its hilarious to me. If this were a baseball thread it would have been mentioned at least a few times, especially in posts like these ones.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:18 PM

Jeff Smzrydzaia
Old 12-01-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can debate who is better and all that but i say what you should ask is if you were starting a franchise who would you want on your team. Order imo:
1. rice
2. owens
3. harrison
4. moss

i think alot of people underrate owens because of his drops. Ya he led the league in drops last year but also remember that he was playing the entire season with a broken bone in his hand. despite the drops he has still produced more than any other receiver in the last string of years.

Most importantly he works harder than anyone, and he gives 100% on every play. Hes not team destructive, hes just an idiot. I'll take it

[/ QUOTE ]

TO not team destructive LOL.