Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-30-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: 50NL: AQs in BB

Ok not directed at me but I'm going to answer. A bluff raise is a part of his range but not a big enough part getting 1.65-1 to call because the rest of his raising range beats us.

Even though I think our pot size bet on the river looks bluffy I think it's -EV to call here.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:59 PM

I agree with your reasoning 100% tho. Just wanted a couple guys who play a lot/post a lot to weigh in as well. Mostly cause I'm villian and hero here is actually 35/20/3 or something. Very spewy preflop and not great postflop.

I had AJ and just called the river bet because I couldn't think of many worse hands he'd pot river with. He didn't seem like the type to cold call A9/AT/A8 OOP so that doesn't give him very many two pair hands, and he didn't seem like the type to peel with middle pair on that flop.

He was also close enough to tilting that I wouldn't want to fold if he shoved the river over my raise.

thanks a bunch for the insight djj.

I'm 22/18ish or something like that. Of course I couldn't put the dudes real stats haha...
Old 11-30-2007, 04:48 PM

Ah tricky tricky [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah I think I play it the same as you. Hard to imagine a 35/20 doesn't 3-bet AQ or AK pre-flop. Given that I dunno what he calls a river raise with that you beat.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with your reasoning 100% tho. Just wanted a couple guys who play a lot/post a lot to weigh in as well. Mostly cause I'm villian and hero here is actually 35/20/3 or something. Very spewy preflop and not great postflop.

I had AJ and just called the river bet because I couldn't think of many worse hands he'd pot river with. He didn't seem like the type to cold call A9/AT/A8 OOP so that doesn't give him very many two pair hands, and he didn't seem like the type to peel with middle pair on that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. Well this completely changes the dynamics of the hand from your perspective. I think you need to bet this turn for one and I think a river raise is mandatory here. If he's spewy and bad postflop he's probably not capable of folding Ax. If he's 30/20 he's probably playing just about any suited ace plus a bunch of non suited aces.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:06 AM

i think u play this hand wrong all the way
Preflop-you 3betting light SC ,why u dont 3bet your good hands?And,yes,when button(who saw my light 3betting)play back 2 me ill be happy 2 CRAI preflop

On the flop-cold call its worst option.You dont know where u at this hand
Please raise that flop for value and information
Turn -same thing.Why you checking?If you want 2 keep pot small,its ok.But i think its bet/fold on that turn saves you river headech
River-just fold.You dont have any clue what he have.He may have busted draws,he may have A/2+,he may have 2/3o it dosnt matter at this point
Old 12-01-2007, 07:36 AM

3 bet pre. cbet flop and get all in somewhere.
but you have to 3 bet pre and yes if you 4 bets or pushes you call.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:03 AM

Personally I would have preferred 3-betting preflop, and betting out the flop. I'm pretty sure he has a 2 pair hand.

I would probably fire flop and turn and c/f river in this situation. However as played...i'd most likely just call his river bet, you haven't showed any real strength, he may think he can take it down.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:10 AM

Bet the flop, what are you doing.