Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 08-06-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Couple of hands 100 NL

On hand 1 I like checking the turn more than betting, but betting is obv +EV. Checking opens up the opponent's range on the river and may induce bluffs that you can call. Also because we have the Ace kicker we're not quite as concerned about overcards coming since if he is on overcards he has 3 outs. If we had 98s instead of A8, I'd be more inclined to bet.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On hand 1 I like checking the turn more than betting, but betting is obv +EV. Checking opens up the opponent's range on the river and may induce bluffs that you can call. Also because we have the Ace kicker we're not quite as concerned about overcards coming since if he is on overcards he has 3 outs. If we had 98s instead of A8, I'd be more inclined to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is sort of passive TAG 26/15/1.5 type, nothing remarkable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-07-2007, 01:09 AM

WOW
Old 08-07-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is sort of passive TAG 26/15/1.5 type, nothing remarkable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, DD tricked me by putting the read after the hand. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Still I think that either is an acceptable line.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:07 PM

first hand looks cool, i'd bet smaller on the river though. i kinda disagree with josh on the turn but see wheres hes coming from. way i see it... passive dude wont bet two streets unless your beat, so i'd call a reasonable turn bet and check/fold the river unless its cheap. once he checks the turn i'd pop out a smallish bet, maybe 2/5 pot.

hand two...1/2 and 1/2?

hand threes down to style, i'd three bet or fold preflop. rest is cool
Old 08-08-2007, 03:03 AM

DD,

In hand 3, why are you calling of your stack on the turn? Are you hoping that the chance he's drawing makes up for your lack of odds? Seems.... well, hopeful.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:40 AM

On the turn I'll be getting 84+35+27 : 57 which is ~2.6:1 so I need like 12.5 outs to call the turn. I clearly will have 9 most of the time, and so its just a weighted outs calculation vs his shoving range there that I would put at 99+, probably A9, and rarely both better and worse flush draws. Honestly my best guess after I typed that out is I'll be a little short of the right price and you are correct, but if someone really wants to run that and enlighten us, I'm way too lazy [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

RESULTS:

Hand 1: He called pretty quick with QQ (LOL)

Hand 2: He tanked, ran his timer down and folded, if he got off AK here I'm a sad donkey [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Hand 3: He instantly folded river.

-DeathDonkey