Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Weekly PLO Game? Any Interest?

Well my thinking was that cash game would be better than a MTT because most of plan is to use these skills in a cash setting not a tournament setting.

As for the aggression, it was my understanding that everyone would play AS IF they were playing at their bankroll level and not treating it like a play money situation. ( Remple had a good point for those of you with big stakes maybe you can have side action based on your performance if you need that).

LOL. Of course apparently I don't know how you guys think!

I assumed that everyone would understand that we will play as if it were a real game, at the level you are used to being bankrolled at or the point is entirely missed.

The time of the tourney can be structured for european players and american players because I realize there are a lot european players.

LOL as for the $50 PLO idea NO WAY LOL I can't afford that and I don't want to go broke. I wanted to learn. My normal game is $25PLO so that is not possible, at least, in the game I wanted to get going.

I mean for this to be at the lowest stakes of PLO JUST for educational purposes... the idea is not to destroy one another but to treat it as a training exercise.

LOL you guys are so agressive! I don't mean for this to be a battle ground NOT really what I was thinking. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 PM

but cash games are a battle ground.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:34 PM

love is a battle ground

sorry Ive been browsing bbv too much
Old 10-15-2007, 11:40 PM

No thats Love is a battlefield lol. I have a feeling we aren't going to get this game going.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:47 AM

You won't find many that play higher than those limits that are going to set aside time to give you what amounts to free coaching.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A tourney definitely is better as a learning experience (meaning you might actually learn something) than a micro cash game with a bunch of overrolled aggro monkeys. Perhaps that wasn't made clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it was made clear, and no it's not a "better learning experience".
Playing a tournament wont teach you anything when 99% of the time you play omaha will be in a cash game.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I mean for this to be at the lowest stakes of PLO JUST for educational purposes... the idea is not to destroy one another but to treat it as a training exercise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better watch some videos of multitabling with commentary, for example Ribbo's ones. You'll learn much more.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:32 AM

Ok let me redirect this. Would anyone be interested in a micro cash game where we can sit down and learn and discuss PLO? If you want tourney maybe a new thread can be opened.

Yes or No [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]?

Just so we get an idea if anyone wants to do it in the first place. I understand your point Remple about free coaching. However, it isn't the same thing in my opinion because this is a group not just one person telling a noob how to play. It is the same as posting here ( do you consider that free coaching or collaboration?)... anyways that is how I see it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Easy for me to say because I am a noob.

Sounds Like Ribbo would like to play, am I right?
Old 10-16-2007, 03:17 PM

I vote yes, depending of course on the details (site, stakes, time, number of players, etc.). Whether it'll work/be any use or not is another matter entirely.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:03 PM

i think the basic idea is a good one. trouble is: everytime i participated in such games in the past they turned into steam-blow spew-monkey donkfests sooner or later. well, rather sooner.

but let's try it. i'd be in.