Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Showtime\'s \"Califronication\"

[ QUOTE ]
The latest show was awesome. Duchovny's close up after he got his new porsche stolen was priceless. Looks like he is totally indifferent and is going with the flow of life. Love love love his character.

I think his independent attitude about society coupled with his high intelligence and zest for womanizing really strikes a cord with online professionals. It might be why we love Hank so much.

Don't get the huge overeaction by Hank's ex wife over the daughters band playing at the wedding, esp. infront of Hank. Also, if I was the guy and saw Hank outwardly trying to win back his soon to be wife out on his terrace almost right infront of him would piss the hell out of me. I would have probably have gone out there and sock him one and tell him to get the F*** out of his place.

[/ QUOTE ]

bill has always played the role of a giant pussy though, except for the one random time where he knocked hank over

the end scene was amazing. first you think hes going to bang this chick, then he loses his car/book, then he doesn't give a [censored], then you find out the daughter copied its. 3 huge emotional swings in like 30 seconds
Old 10-10-2007, 09:04 PM

i love how duchovny plays hank moody. you can really see how much he enjoys it and he's great. he sure drags any episode over any of the few spots of bad scripting. and all other characters are pretty good developed and scripted, too.

but the thing i like most is: californication is different. great dialogs, great acting and a storytelling that is on it's own in todays television.

the only thing that sucks is the decrease in nudity.

i really love showtime for weeds and californication.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:59 AM

Yeah this thread is kind of dead, but if anyone can tell me the name of the guitar song that played briefly during the beginning of the credits, I would appreciate it.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:30 AM

Wow - I think this may have been the best episode yet. Again, you could see that the girls were going to find them [censored] that chick a mile away, but the payoff was still [censored] great. Love, love, love this show.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:22 AM

Lethe,

"you could see that the girls were going to find them [censored] that chick a mile away, but the payoff was still [censored] great"

I agree completely.

I thought this was a really solid episode.

I also liked that I thought he was trying to warn him about hearing the chicks coming in at first, then you see he was really trying to warn him about something else, haha.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:39 AM

I liked tonight's show, entertaining.

Hank's ex is bipolar, the way she brushed him off the last ep vs her attitude this ep (looked like he was ready to jump his dick before she walked into the bedroom) was totally different.

Also the whole side plot about the dominatrix wannabe agent and the 16 yr old negotiating about Hank's lost manuscript is just going to go nowhere. It's so superficial and transparent.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:30 AM

seems like this show is also comming to the netherlands, I just saw some commercials about it
Old 10-16-2007, 09:23 AM

This show has really done well not to taper off. Some of the conversations they've got - Moody and his agent, the two ex-wives - are really good. His ex has got this chain-smoking, Streep-circa-Sophie's Choice hotness about her.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I also liked that I thought he was trying to warn him about hearing the chicks coming in at first, then you see he was really trying to warn him about something else, haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scene was gold. I love how they don't immediately run after their women, they take a moment to laugh at the situation.

Stuff is good.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:05 PM

Best episode yet. I love this show. Too bad only 2 ep left. Hopefully next season will be longer. They did this w/ weeds too w/ 2 10 week seasons which is just too short for a 1/2 hour show IMO.