Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: max buy-in rulings (FL capped buy-in)

You are correct Boca.... I was mistaken....
I play at Isle mostly, and you can bring your stack ONLY if your table is broken....NOT when you request a change...

Thanks for clarifying..
Old 08-18-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure that Player A did not just tranfer from another table??? If you request a table change, you can bring your stack to the new table regardless of size....

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at Pompano - you can only bring more if the table is broken up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Boca. I was playing at the Isle for my first time yesterday and was wondering the same thing as the day went along. I never ended up requesting the table change because my table got better after I came back to it from having lunch but it would definitely have affected my decision to move if I couldn't take a stack I had built over time with me.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure that Player A did not just tranfer from another table??? If you request a table change, you can bring your stack to the new table regardless of size....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering how most of the rooms are handling this? At the room I play at you can not bring more than $100 to a table no matter what. Not if you transfer and not if your table is broken. It seems that open to doing it as they let us transfer stacks for a couple of days, but then they attended one of the pari mutual meetings and said they could no longer do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to provide an unofficial rundown on the way it's done in LA for their fixed and spread buy games.

Typically on a table change players must start with the table buyin (the fixed buy or some amount within the spread). For a brief time Hawaiian Gardens had changed to requiring that you bring all your chips but went back to the original method (I believe allowing tough players to bring all their chips defeats the purpose of the fixed or spread buy).

For broken games players usually have a choice; they can bring all their chips or chip down (or up) to the original required buyin).

For must moves the players usually have to bring all their chips.

Enforcement of all this varies (especially regarding table changes). In the larger clubs some players will try to sit down with more (sometimes sneaking it in and sometimes claiming a broken game from far across the room). Given the dynamics of LA dealing, policing is generally up to the players. Players will often "not notice" if a live one is putting extra chips in. OTOH, if a tough player is trying to cover a weak table it's more likely someone will speak up.

Hope this helps

~ Rick
Old 08-18-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And you guys are all nuts if you think the dealer is responsible to constantly monitor everyone's stack size. The players need to police the game, when it comes to things like that.

If you want the house to responsible for this stuff, just volunteer to pay extra rake, and I'm sure the house will provide a chair umpire, like in tennis, to sit high above the table and watch everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 99.8% [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 08-18-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never considered it a disadvantage to have another player put more money on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree here. If I have weak opponents with deepish to deep stacks I certainly don't want a skilled player to be able to come in and cover these weak opponents. In other words, after I work my way up to a deep stack I want first shot at their money. And making it a little harder for a better player to take the less skilled newbies money is key to to keeping the smaller blind no limit games good in LA.

~ Rick
Old 08-18-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never considered it a disadvantage to have another player put more money on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree here. If I have weak opponents with deepish to deep stacks I certainly don't want a skilled player to be able to come in and cover these weak opponents. In other words, after I work my way up to a deep stack I want first shot at their money. And making it a little harder for a better player to take the less skilled newbies money is key to to keeping the smaller blind no limit games good in LA.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that may be an issue for you, but since I'm the worst player at the table and simply relying on blind luck to help me suck out with an a 1 outer on the river, the more players with big stacks the better.fter all who wants to use up their luck sucking out against the small stack.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that may be an issue for you, but since I'm the worst player at the table and simply relying on blind luck to help me suck out with an a 1 outer on the river, the more players with big stacks the better.fter all who wants to use up their luck sucking out against the small stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]