Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 10:24 PM

Default The Chang Le boys on PokerStars

For those of you who play 1/2 or above on Stars you should know who these guys are. Lately players have really been laying into these guys for being bots...those that play against these guys, what are your thoughts?

I know there was a vague thread a little while back probably alluding to these folks but nothing really came of it. Has anybody reported these guys? I have taken quite a long break from Stars, but when I used to play there I did quite well against them but they seemed to be fairly consistent winners overall. Either way, I was just curious what everyones thoughts on these guys are...

GL at the tables...

-Lambchop
Old 11-18-2007, 05:34 AM

Default Re: The Chang Le boys on PokerStars

They’re not all from "Changle". They're all from the 2 centermost east coast provinces of China. Other examples to look for are "Suzhou", “Shang Hai" , "Fujian"(a province), "Fuzhou". I used to have about 8-10 of them written down about 10 months ago. If you see an Asian looking city run a search. These guys (I've identified over 15 but it was almost year ago), after 1000 hands, almost always develop a vpip of 27-32 and a raise % of 14-18. Early last year, there was almost always 2 or more of them sitting at the same table of every stud game above 1-2 in that room. I don't spend much time in there these days so I'm not sure what it's like now. I think it's very suspicious. Don't care if they are "bots" or not. They could have just been taught by the same guy. I've played live with 2 players at the same table who were students of the same teacher who were almost certainly not sharing dead card info (it would be really difficult live), but playing identically. Can't say for sure if the Chinese guys are sharing dead card info or not. Only Stars could figure that out, and they probably don't give a rat's ass.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:37 AM

I see them playing heads up against each other from time to time. Maybe there was one other person if my memory fails me. They weren't very good and fairly predictable. Their money is as good as any.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:09 PM

These guys make me paranoid too but I haven't noticed any evidence of collusion.

One of them is pretty good at stud hi... his name is COOLIO or something similar.