Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 08:26 AM

Default A couple bluffs/semibluffs, what do you think? NLCASH

Which ones worked or look good, which ones are spewy? Villian is pokernubz. We are playing 4 tables at once and 3 betting and 4 betting each other a lot!

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $207
SB: $265

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $21</font>, SB calls $15

Flop: ($42) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $30</font>, Hero calls $30

Turn: ($102) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $156 and is All-In</font>,

Hand 2:

Hero (SB): $533.75
BB: $355.75

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $21</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $63</font>, BB calls $42

Flop: ($126) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $470.75 and is All-In</font>,

Hand 3:

BB: $472.05
Hero (SB): $197.75

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $21</font>, Hero calls $15

Flop: ($42) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $24</font>, Hero calls $24

Turn: ($90) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($90) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $64</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $152.75 and is All-In</font>,

Hero (SB): $275
BB: $201.50

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $21</font>, Hero calls $15

Flop: ($42) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $42</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $254 and is All-In</font>,

Hand #5 - I up a couple buyins and make a hero call? or really bad?

Hero (BB): $695.50
SB: $200

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $21</font>, SB calls $15

Flop: ($42) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $30</font>, Hero calls $30

Turn: ($102) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $149 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $149

River: ($400) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $400 Pot ($0.50 Rake)

Hand #6

Hero (BB): $259.50
SB: $405.50

Pre-Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $18</font>, SB calls $12

Flop: ($36) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $25</font>, SB calls $25

Turn: ($86) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $56</font>, Hero calls $56

River: ($198) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $160.50 and is All-In</font>
Old 10-11-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Re: A couple bluffs/semibluffs, what do you think?

Very risky plays. I dont see the point. Only play I like is the raise on hand 2 with the straight flush draw. Even still, you're all-in in basically every posted hand. A very risky way to run, esp 7x in one sitting vs same opp. A lot of the other plays doon't add up. the last two are extremely odd/poor. what are you hoping? that he thinks u made trips? he was on a draw?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:00 AM

1 is spew: he is repping a real hand and you look like you are bluffing so badly

2 is also spew. you have nowhere near enough fold equity for this shove would be my guess, made worse by the fact the you will often get called by hands like AhTc

3 is sexy and i like it lots and lots. He will have a really hard time calling with most of his likely holding here.

4 really depends on metagame, so no comment, but what made you decide that was the best line?

5 is the same. really read dependant, but normally total spew

6 looks just like what it is: a missed draw. I know you are trying to rep an 8 hoping to get value from a queen, but i think villain could probably call your bluff (unless you have strong read that he is bluffing, but he is taking a pretty strong line.

Conclusion: nothing retarded but much more spew than sexy.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:01 AM

1, 3, 5, and 6 look bad to me. Giving your opponent 3+:1 with an allin when he's already bet is pretty unlikely to work.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:04 AM

oh yeah, its cash, forgot about that. 3 just lost a whole lot of sexy
Old 10-11-2007, 11:04 AM

Hand 1 - This line really looks like a bluff. If I intended to take this line I would raise the flop then shove the turn.

Hand 2 - I don't like this at all either. I don't think this line pushes out much that you aren't racing against. If you are called you are probably drawing to 5 outs at best.

Hand 3 - I think this one is a major spew. His line looks strongly like he had ace high and hit the river.

Hand 4 - The one time I've seen this line used it was looked up by JJ. It looks like a draw to a typical thinking player. I wouldn't do it against a donk though.

Hand 5 - This can be + or - EV depending on the villain.

Hand 6 - I think this one is dependent on how the villain views you. With certain images this can definitely be profitable (against certain villains as well), but I'm pretty sure I get looked up here like 80% of the time.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:53 AM

I agree #1 is pretty bad, but the others I thought were sexy because Villian is capable of big laydowns and we have 5K hands together and mix up our styles well.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:00 PM

Seems that you like to put yourself into tough spots.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems that you like to put yourself into tough spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

this post makes no sense because I'm shoving in all of the hands above putting the opponent in tough spots not myself.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: A couple bluffs/semibluffs

#1 is never a bluff (right/wrong spot), you probably don't even fold out chops - i have no history with villian fwiw. hope he had 22.

- obviously you think he respects his own b/f lines, but he should realise you are doing this alot right? how much were you getting looked up? did you take different lines if so?