Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ravens should add:
Peyton (or Brady) 23 85.19%
Not a QB 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: NOV Pt 2 (nc)

[ QUOTE ]
blah down $1000 in like 700 hands of 1/2 and 2/4 today, just missing everything, get no cards and getting run over. Going shopping now to spend some serious cash...and then come back and earn some more at the tables. I might not make $30k on the month anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love spending money on losing days.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huh? You're never that happy hitting your A because you can't take a lot of heat, and having 9 as your TP is even uglier. You're then counting on flopping your nut draw, and you'll have to either give up on a big pot or bluff a lot of rivers when you miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

the idea is that in a multiway pot you can win hudge monies with a flush - but obviously this will not happen very often, so you cannot afford to put a lot of money in pf (no calling pfrrs for example)

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, we were talking about 2 different things, i was talking specifically about calling 3 bets with hands like that.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:16 PM

Yes... but he was really aiming for me with his 3bets, because i was playing pretty loose. Plus i had position, so A9 is ahead of his range. I mean, if you call with AJ why not with A9? I think im pretty happy with that hand since the 44 hand happened like 12 minutes earlier, and entire gtable was commenting how i was a station. (please get out of this discussion if you never call 3bets with AJ ip from heavy squeezer).
Old 11-17-2007, 03:17 PM

It's not about being ahead of his range, its about playing postflop and not having betting initiative. You're really only thinking on one street.

[ QUOTE ]
(please get out of this discussion if you never call 3bets with AJ ip from heavy squeezer).

[/ QUOTE ]

You say this like its a bad thing.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not about being ahead of his range, its about playing postflop and not having betting initiative. You're really only thinking on one street.

[ QUOTE ]
(please get out of this discussion if you never call 3bets with AJ ip from heavy squeezer).

[/ QUOTE ]

You say this like its a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its not a bad thing, its just a different style of play. And if you never do it, dont come here saying its bad or something. If you play 19/16 you will rarely be 3bet alot in the first place so you never get in those spots in the first place.

The thing is, i have position postflop, this guy is pretty nitty, but does weird stuff once in a while so i liked my hand enough to see a flop with it. And he has been 3betting me a ton preflop on all tables. The board was pretty draw heavy too, so i think flush draws are a pretty big part of his range?
Old 11-17-2007, 03:27 PM

AJ and similar hands have reverse implied odds in 3 bet pots. If you can disagree with this, please explain why.

You're also trying to take a suited Ace rag against a nitty player. You just never flop big enough for this to be a profitable call.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:39 PM

yes they are bluffcatchers, what hand would you take a stand with then? I dont like 4betting much vs this guy.. A9 seems a good hand to try and take the pot away postflop. He doesnt cbet alot so if he checks i can take it down, or in this catch play it as a bluffcatcher?

And again, this was prolly the 7th or 8th time that he did this in like 10-15 minutes.

Hmm i think i like 4betting him with some trash hand better. hate to do it with a hand like A9.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:54 PM

reverse implied odds are hugely overrated imo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], especially in 3 bet pooooots.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:55 PM

So if an A flops and he c-bets, do you fold?

And if somebody is 3 betting me that light, my 4 betting range goes way way wider. Your hand really isn't important.

What site was this btw?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:07 PM

If I call a 3 bet IP with AJ and an A flops, I'm planning to get the monies in.
Closed Thread