Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Would OOT enjoy an "ask me" thread about lesbians?
yes 9 9.89%
YES 82 90.11%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: who does tOSU play in the title game?

IMO, you take the BCS teams with the best W/L and put them in the game. If there's a tie in W/L, go to SOS. "Prettiness of win" doesnt matter for me. Im the same guy who put Kansas #1 when they were the only BCS team 11-0 before they played Mizzou.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
USC and LSU were #1 and #2 at the start of the season. They played in the toughest conferences in the nation, and nothing has changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhere in there USC lost to Stanford. I swear this happened, whether you acknowledge it as meaningful or not. So yes, things did change.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. People write off this USC loss as a fluke and I agree it was a fluke. But it did indeed happen and USC should be punished for it accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is extremely, extremely relevant. But their other loss was to the best team in the nation...in a really close game. They played a tough schedule, and if we had a playoff tomorrow, I'm willing to bet that they'd be the favorites. Is that irrelevant?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair their non-conference turned out to be really weak and looking back at the scores their only really impressive win is at asu. They played a decent amount of close games and they looked rather meh today imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohio State played Youngstown State, Akron, and Kent State (IN OCTOBER). They played Washington, but we'll see how that turns out.

They also scored a mere 14 points against Michigan, lost at home against Illinois, and "blew out" Northwestern and freaking Minnesota.

I still think USC belongs in the national title game. I haven't decided who I think they should play.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii wins their game tonight, they should be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Why why why why why?

This argument should include three teams: Oklahoma, USC, and LSU. I can't comprehend how other people think there should be any other options besides those three teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

The goal of a season should be to declare an undisputed champ. If Hawaii loses the National title game then whatever team they lost to is the rightful national champ. Every other school would have lost including Hawaii. If Hawaii wins that game, then they've just beaten a tough team(in addittion to already beating a pretty good Boise St team) and they deserve it. Either way, I don't see how thats unfair! Whats unfair is what happened to Boise St last year. Do you not agree that Boise St did not get a fair shake last year in that they were undefeated, beat a solid Oklahoma team, and yet never got a shot at a title? That could happen again this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but this argument is completely idiotic. Hawaii gets the benefit of playing the 3rd softest schedule in the land, and would have NO CHANCE of being anything better than AT BEST 9-3 with a top 30 schedule. AT BEST.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't get it...

You think Hawaii is just benefitting from a tough schedule. I think they are truly a very good team. I also felt this way about Boise St last year, while I'm not sure of what your views on Boise St were. Now that we disagree here, I don't care about- lets just agree to disagree on this paragraph and not bother debating it. But.....

My solution is to put Hawaii against a top team in the National Title Game. That way we find out if me or you is right.

Your solution is to omit them. That way we may never find out who was right.

HUH????!!! This is what I just don't get- why would you not want to find out how good Hawaii is?

Its a well known fact that going into a season, most teams realize that if they lose one game then theres a chance they may have lost their national title shot. Every team knows this, and this year every team has lost a game(except Hawaii). So no team(except Hawaii) is truly deserving of a title shot and none have a legit beef of being excluded since they knew going in that a loss could mean no title shot.

edited to add: I don't actually think that Hawaii is a top 2 team in the nation. But I'd sure as hell rather find out for sure than to not find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

mindbogglingly asinine analysis/opinion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will say again, USC therefore has one truly bad loss whereas LSU has two

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say again:

Sagarin Rankings:

Arkansas - 21
Kentucky - 23
Stanford - 82

Who the [censored] considers multiple overtime losses to Top 25 teams "very bad losses" besides USC fans straining for arguments to get them into the title game?

Even if you don't think LSU is a national title caliber team, that doesn't magically erase the loss to Stanford and make USC a national title caliber team.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to say: I have no affiliation with USC, and I have never once argued for them over LSU. I will, however, continue to argue for LSU and USC over OU, OSU, and everybody else.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, where'd all the Hawaii people go?

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it's a terrible loss. But you're saying they can't get in no matter what because of that? You're basically ignoring their entire resume because of one loss. As bad as it is, you just can't do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not ignoring "their entire resume". Part of that resume includes losing to a [censored] team. I'm taking into account the entire resume, including losing to a team ranked 82 by Sagarin.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Again, does talent not factor in at all here? Strength of schedule?

Yes, it's a terrible loss. But you're saying they can't get in no matter what because of that? You're basically ignoring their entire resume because of one loss. As bad as it is, you just can't do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

LSU played a harder schedule than USC. The 2 loss team that played the hardest schedule is either LSU or UGA.

USC, of the two loss teams, will probably end up with the 6th best strength of schedule.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Boise St sucked last year

a few fluke plays in a game where they were soundly outplayed

[/ QUOTE ]

What game were you watching? Boise St was ahead 21 to 10 at halftime and stretched it to 28 to 10 before OU rallied. Total yards for the game was Boise 377 to OU 407. Hardly soundly outplayed.

No, talent doesnt play a factor at all in the polls, or it shouldnt. On the field achievements should matter, not "talent."

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Again, does talent not factor in at all here? Strength of schedule?

[/ QUOTE ]

LSU played a harder schedule than USC. The 2 loss team that played the hardest schedule is either LSU or UGA.

USC, of the two loss teams, will probably end up with the 6th best strength of schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah...I have not and will not argue for USC over LSU.

Georgia didn't even make their CC game. They are behind USC for that reason.