Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push or FOld
Push 1 14.29%
Fold 6 85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: 5NL Video

is this $5 buy in?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:12 PM

Hey Captain thanks for the comments. Good point on the preferred seating, that would make it a lot easier to follow I'm sure (thanks for showing me how to do this Blixx, never looked at it before).

I did obtain most of my knowledge about how to use PT from Pokey's posts and a couple of others in the stickies in the NL forum (can't remember if it was micro or full ring stickies, but there's lots of good stuff in both). The rest you eventually gain with experience and you start noticing similar situations.

SCA this is a 5NL table, but 5NL and 2NL are a bit of an anomoly at Stars. At 2NL you can buy in for $5 or 250BB and at 5NL you can buyin at $10 or 200BB. I believe every other level lets you buyin for only 100BB, as far as I know.

IMO this can be really helpful for the "beginner" at these lowest stakes - and I personally consider the 2+2 beginners to not really be beginners, as they are already reading this forum and therefore are more likely to have a better understanding of the fundamentals and therefore should have/soon will have an edge over the majority of the players playing at these stakes.

If you are a true beginner, by all means buyin for $5 at Stars 5NL or $2 at 2NL to get a feeling for playing with a normal stack. But for those that are comfortable, I fully encourage you to buyin deepstacked considering that you have an edge over so many of the other players. Your implied odds are HUGE.

Do you guys prefer downloading a large AVI file or would it be better to post these to YouTube?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:19 PM

Oh and I can up the resolution if you guys are fine with a little bit larger download for the next one, probably ~ 220MB for 800x600 for the same time length.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:02 PM

youtube would be better I think
Old 11-28-2007, 07:46 PM

Ok I just looked into YouTube and apparently I can only post 10 minute segments and I don't really want to have to cut videos up into 5 or 6 parts, so that sucks. I think I will have to scrap that idea for now, might come back to it later.

I am currently rendering the same video at 1024x768 and I compressed the colors a bit more for those that haven't downloaded it yet. The HUD is much more readable, but the tables themselves look crappy like they do in the cardrunners videos to save on file size (that's not what's important anyways, amiright?)

I'll hopefully have this up sometime this evening. It'll take a little while to upload.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:51 AM

So now that I have 1/2 the responses to my own post, I will add one more [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You probably noticed that I tried to hide my screenname with a little box, this attempt has been in vain as I have just been informed that the title bar for each window says "logged in as..."

I am S-M-R-T.

I do not really want to out myself yet, so I have removed the video temporarily. I will be rehosting it first thing in the morning when I get home, it will be a larger resolution so the HUD will be more visible and hopefully I can obscure my SN - win/win situation for everyone right?

For the 50+ of you that have already DLed it, please don't exploit me too much, my graph is going in the right direction and I don't want that to change [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2007, 07:12 AM

Link is down, would like to watch this.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Link is down, would like to watch this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Link will be back up this morning. I am currently reloading a better version of the video that has better resolution so you can see the HUD better.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:51 AM

i would like to take a look at this video. can you upload it to a different site? mega upload doesnt work for me.

This guy is hosting videos http://www.pokertrikz.com/videos.html
maybe you could put it with his?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:15 AM

Since you asked me not to, I now know I MUST exploit you.

Or not, you are not the kind of player my style of play exploits anyhow really. I assume that by and far we would mostly stay out of each other's way at a table while eating fish.