Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]
His knowledge of the game is almost non existent. Here is an example, I think Townsend likely already blogged about it, if he didn't should have.

Guy raises the button with AA and Brian re-raises with QQ, stakes are huge. Guy flat calls, which is OK if you are trying to be deceptive so that is a point of contention. Either way the flop brings an Ace, Brian bets and Guy calls with a set. The turn brings a Q and Brian pushes and Guy insta calls.

From what I heard this was a very scary hand for all involved because it pointed out that Guy is very difficult to understand because he doesn't have any idea what he is doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played above ssnl, but whats wrong with his play here? Unless Im reading it wrong.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His knowledge of the game is almost non existent. Here is an example, I think Townsend likely already blogged about it, if he didn't should have.

Guy raises the button with AA and Brian re-raises with QQ, stakes are huge. Guy flat calls, which is OK if you are trying to be deceptive so that is a point of contention. Either way the flop brings an Ace, Brian bets and Guy calls with a set. The turn brings a Q and Brian pushes and Guy insta calls.

From what I heard this was a very scary hand for all involved because it pointed out that Guy is very difficult to understand because he doesn't have any idea what he is doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played above ssnl, but whats wrong with his play here? Unless Im reading it wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aba got owned so they have to try too spin it
Old 11-27-2007, 12:33 PM

"you lost the minimum on that one, jamie" = "thank you for calling a huge check-raise with a double gutter, turning the nuts, NOT betting it, then paying me off instantly when i make quads on the river".

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] barry.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing, he should have just used the A5 as an example. unless he's supposed to push all in with top set to avoid the obvious running quads draw.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Later when Jamie tells Doyle what he had, Doyle gets steamed up and costs me money with a play he wouldn't ordinarily make.

[/ QUOTE ]Can someone please explain which play that Doyle makes is it that Barry is referring to here?

Gold topped himself in looking completely retarded.

Guy's bluff (which I hope it was) against Doyle was bad considering it was against Doyle who hadn't been out of line. Doyle probably wouldn't call without the flush draw so in that sense Guy was unlucky he had it (and that took away some of Guy's outs).
Old 11-27-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have talked to a few guys that have played with Guy and while he is a fish his moves don't make sense. His knowledge of the game is almost non existent. Here is an example, I think Townsend likely already blogged about it, if he didn't should have.

I thought that was likely the most interesting hand I have heard about in a long time and I don't recall reading about it on Townsend's blog.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not that good, so this isn't a sarcastic question, but what's wrong with the way Guy played aces there? Just trying to see what I might be missing.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:09 PM

I like it how Barry compliments the weaker players at the table [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That's gentleman poker!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SF: I have a flush draw and two overs.

PA: What overs?

SF: I can't tell you its a surprise.

PA: No no no.

[/ QUOTE ]

We need GIF!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:17 PM

At least we have steered clear of Antonio and his love for America, at least temporarily.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have talked to a few guys that have played with Guy and while he is a fish his moves don't make sense. His knowledge of the game is almost non existent. Here is an example, I think Townsend likely already blogged about it, if he didn't should have.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah how dare he get all his opponent's money in the middle being a 2% dog. ZOMG.