Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: GF invites me to wake, whats my line?

I agree. The only reason to go would be to continue getting laid but, hey, there are many more fish in the sea. Also, if you go she might think that the relationship is more serious than you think/want it to be. Don't go!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:46 PM

You need to clarify a bit.

If she is a FRIEND, you help your friend out, male, female or something in between. That's what friends do.

If she's just a piece of ass, do what you want.

Simple enough.

MM MD
Old 11-25-2007, 02:19 PM

There's nothing like a funeral to advance a relationship sex. She's crying, you put your arms around her to console her; it's like three dates in one shot
Old 11-25-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She isn't testing you. Life is testing you. Given the choice, are you a decent human being? Why would you add to her trauma?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-25-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She gave me 1 day notice (its tomorrow). She told me to call her back because she had to go, we didn't finish talking about it

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible breach of etiquette by the deceased. Save the Date cards should be sent at least eight weeks in advance of a wake. One should retain a suicide doctor if necessary for scheduling purposes.

OP, I suggest you break up with your gf so she can find someone who's not a douchebag.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: GF invites me to wake, what do I do?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't matter what the excuse is, men will always look like dogs here if they don't go. It appears selfish and unsympathetic. If you are always afraid of awkward, unexpected family situations when it comes to dating, then you are likely unexperienced. Suck it up if you care. Otherwise don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said we aren't that serious. But I didn't mention she likes me alot more than I like her. I am not inexperienced at dating. How many people go to a wake not knowing a single person? I've never met these people, and I have to get up early to drive two hours to see a wake (i've actually never been to a wake or a funeral before)

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that you, personally, are inexperienced..but if experience teaches you anything, you should realize you need to be available emotionally to women.

It doesn't matter if the drive is 2 hours. No relationship is free, so quit being a [censored].

I vote that your "gf" dump you. For some reason, I doubt you would have posted anon to an internet forum if you had other prospects.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I wouldn't really feel comfortable, especially having this be the first time that I meet the rest of your family. I'm sorry."

[/ QUOTE ]

This only works if he hasn't already tried to get out of it by giving another excuse.

-McGee
Old 11-25-2007, 04:15 PM

She wants a threesome with you and dead grampa obv.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is uncomfortable, but you should go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. It's a funeral; don't be shallow. This isn't about you, it's about your G/F and her family. Besides, you'll score points later on if the relationship leads to anything.

And if it's a grandmother, it's not like 100 people are going to be sobbing and devestated. You'll be able to meet people who weren't close but are there for support. It's not like it's a 12 year old kid that was run over by a car.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:32 PM

I agree this sounds suspicious and could be a set up. She could even follow up with burial invitation. If so, wear a cross, garlic necklace, and just in case - a condom. Don't jump directly into the grave like that dude in "Salem's Lot" and stay outta enclosed tombs altogether. Recommend you and she watch "Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things" the night before. Most importantly, only attend burial during daylight hours.