Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-12-2007, 09:28 PM

Default $5/10 NL on Full Tilt

Just came back to this game after taking a few months off from O8. I'm sure many of the regulars of the game post here, and while I'm equally sure that nobody is going to give away their strategy completely, I thought that perhaps we could have some conversation at least about it.

In short, it plays unlike any other game I've ever played(although I've only played about 5 sessions). A few times I've sat down, bought in for $1000 max, and been the biggest stack at the table. What exactly are all of these short stackers doing? I mean, as I've always understood it(and I could be wrong) the point of shortstacking is to take advantage of deep stacked opponents playing LAG poker. They care much more about each other and they'll play a -EV style of poker against you because its +EV for them overall. So you just sit back and get it all in preflop with premium hands against them. But in a table of shortstacks, what exactly is the strategy?

The second noticeable change from "normal" games I've noticed is that people are way more willing to get it all in preflop. Countless times I saw two or even three way all ins with people holding very average hands like A27T single suited or something similar.

Clearly I'll continue to monitor the game and then adjust, but I just found the style of this game really shocking to me initially. Any thoughts on it?

99,921 and counting
Old 11-12-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: $5/10 NL on Full Tilt

It seems like there is absolute craziness at full tilt 5/10 NL. What the hell is going on? I mean I can not believe the calls i just saw from dave breal. holy [censored]!! BReal i am not sure what table but can you please explain those calls. You seem like a man that knows the game and just lost 2000 in about 30 minutes. This is not a knock just wondering what the calls were and why? confused!!

Also is this the regular style at 5 10 no limit wild all ns and wild calls? might be interested in gettn in there. I play 2-4 and sometimes 1-2.ALL NL and PL
Old 11-12-2007, 11:43 PM

Predator would definitely be the expert here, his results are pretty amazing IMO

To me, it seems its just isolation raising with equity from the dead money in the pot in most cases and utilizing the fold equity to profit, i personally hate it and would rather play 5/10 PLO8 or find a 5/10 NL game without Predator (or someone emulating his style) sitting at it
Old 11-13-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like there is absolute craziness at full tilt 5/10 NL. What the hell is going on? I mean I can not believe the calls i just saw from dave breal. holy [censored]!! BReal i am not sure what table but can you please explain those calls. You seem like a man that knows the game and just lost 2000 in about 30 minutes. This is not a knock just wondering what the calls were and why? confused!!

Also is this the regular style at 5 10 no limit wild all ns and wild calls? might be interested in gettn in there. I play 2-4 and sometimes 1-2.ALL NL and PL

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty standard fare all around now at the 5/10 nl
Old 11-13-2007, 02:56 AM

Bankroll considerations are one reason.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
99,921 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
99,921 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the zip code for Craig, Alaska - no wonder his pots are icy...
Old 11-13-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
99,921 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that?

[/ QUOTE ]

His IQ to the 4th power.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i personally hate it and would rather play 5/10 PLO8 or find a 5/10 NL game without Idiot (or someone emulating his style) sitting at it

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed your post
Old 11-13-2007, 01:32 PM

Should I be offended? Like Chick-Fil-a...

"We didn't invent the chicken, just the chicken sandwich"

Do you honestly think that Idiot has spent 1/10 of the time researching this style and the math/statistics involved? In studying the 50k NL hands that I have on PT over the last 2 months, I have recently adjusted my style. Good luck.