Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 06:40 PM

Default 50NL Not sure of range

Villain is 25/18/2.75 over 75. I haven't seen villain do anything out of line, shown down fairly standard hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($57.40)
UTG ($50)
MP ($63.20)
CO ($112.10)
Hero ($94.40)
SB ($9)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $4.85.

Turn: ($20.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $14</font>, Hero ??

I feel that I am against AQ (not AK since he would've rr pf), KJs, TT, 33. Maybe AT as well? Am I missing anything in my range? Next question: raise, call or fold?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: 50NL Not sure of range

If that is the range you put him on then this is such a quick fold. However, I dont know why it cant be looser, this villain seems semi loose from his stats. I think I add KQ in there not wanting to check the ace to ya, QJ, J9, add at least one combo of AK, QT. I might be missing a little bit more, but the point is his range is not nearly as tight as you think it is with a vpip of 25 and his aggression. I probably call turn because Im not sure what a shove will honestly do for you here. I call if I pair my kicker or hit trips and shove if I hit the diamond. I fold to a river bet on a blank.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:30 PM

Your range seems reasonable, but I might put in a few more draws + some air. Maybe weight TT and AQ less as he is quite likely to 3-bet your button open with them.

When he bets the turn, some of the air and draws drop out of his range.

I think I like a flop 3-bet... turn is tricky. A raise is unlikely to get called by any worse hands or fold out any better ones, and you don't have to protect against flush draws. But a call may set you up for some grief on the river if you miss and he bets again, and you don't know if your 2 pair/trips outs are good. That said, he'd have to have a lot of heart to shove a busted draw on the river after you call twice.

So on the whole I'd lean towards a turn call. (Can't find a fold.)
Old 11-05-2007, 10:43 PM

I would fold flop. Only hand you want to get all-in against are KJs and then you are still only 62-63% to win. Set or AQ and you are in big trouble. Now you called flop and turn are a easy call you got position and flushdraw+gutshot.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:46 PM

No flush or str8 on river easy fold to any bet. If you would hit flush or str8 you push no matter if he check or bet.