Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
We haven't talked about much yet about the fact that we have the cheater's EMAIL, don't we? e.g. we have Absolute UserID 363's email (or at least the one that he used to register his account, right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Send threats obv

Old 10-16-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3) He said that he would like to be put in touch with Nat, who I explained was about a billion times better versed in the tech aspects than was I. I am going to PM Nat to hopefully get a dialog going with the KGC

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd be happy to talk to him on the phone.

Also, w/r/t to the ownership thing, that's what I was told by a few people, I never really confirmed whether KGC was involved in the ownership of AP.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

7) He corrected for me the misconception that the KGC "owns" Absolute Poker to any extent -- he told me that no such relationship exists. The servers are located there, but there is no ownership relationship (so he says).

[/ QUOTE ]

We need a concrete answer for 7.) Nat claims that KGC does in fact own AP, or a large share of it. What is the definitive answer on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

someone needs to track this down. I for one think he was just stringing tfbi along. I've heard of a few complaints being sent to the KGC and not person has ever said the KGC has done anything concrete for them. I'm going with the assumption that the KGC is a sham
Old 10-16-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

7) He corrected for me the misconception that the KGC "owns" Absolute Poker to any extent -- he told me that no such relationship exists. The servers are located there, but there is no ownership relationship (so he says).

[/ QUOTE ]

We need a concrete answer for 7.) Nat claims that KGC does in fact own AP, or a large share of it. What is the definitive answer on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

someone needs to track this down. I for one think he was just stringing tfbi along. I've heard of a few complaints being sent to the KGC and not person has ever said the KGC has done anything concrete for them. I'm going with the assumption that the KGC is a sham

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was a string-along, it sounds like a good one. A brush-off would be 'email me all the info, we'll look into it'.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:15 PM

expect interesting developments in the next few days

<font color="orange">[*] </font> apropos thread title
Old 10-16-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
expect interesting developments in the next few days

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Is this just speculation or something more?
Old 10-16-2007, 03:22 PM

It's something more. TBH, I'm scared to post more stuff at this point. (Note I haven't received a threat, it's just what I think might happen)

I might remove myself from this whole thing from this point forward. Discussing the issue with family.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:31 PM

Thread needs more MSPaints from ppl that suck less than I do imo.

[ QUOTE ]
I asked a family friend who is a lawyer to look at this a little bit, here is his conclusion. Do we have any questions for him?

I have had a couple of clients that dealt with on-line gaming and had websites of this nature.

My legal opinion confirmed that when someone establishes on-line gaming sites and invites visitors to play, they are committing an illegal offence under the criminal code.

As a result, I want to let you know a couple of things:

1) doubtful that you will recoup any monies unless you had the backing and support of the Procureur General du Quebec which represents the government
2) difficult for you to sue for damages since on-line gaming is illegal
3) If you decide to sue, you will have to probably do so via a class action lawsuit with one representive representing an entire group....if this is done, then maybe you will be taken a little more seriously, however, you are probably dealing with shaddy people and with shaddy people comes shaddy troubles to which they have no urge to conform to any laws..
4) If it represents the Khanawake reserve and commission, they might be excluded from conforming to the laws of Canada because they are an indian reserve and have exemptions under the laws of Canada.

hope this helps,,,but I am sure that it raises more questions...

later,

XXX

[/ QUOTE ]

Online poker is perfectly legal in most countries - certainly in the UK, where the law has just changed specifically so that servers can be located on the mainland. So this guy's main premise is flawed.

How international / internet law works and under what jurisdiction you could bring a lawsuit I don't know (not being a lawyer) - but I'm certain these people aren't above the law.

IMO not enough evidence for a verdict yet.
Closed Thread