raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
Questions still not answered (and one new one):

Why did your team not play together yesterday?................... we were reading the message boards

Why did you let Brandon post to the thread and not you, the 2+2er, yesterday at your house?................. he posted at his house without my knowledge. I wasn't going to post until Nation posted first, for obvious reasons.

Why won't you share any bit of the "book", even those things that would help exonerate you but not give away the strategy? ................because thats not possible......any bit of details WILL give away the strategy....anyway anyone with 100k+ hands could spend a few hours and figure it out...so ask them to do it.

Who has the authority to change the script? .........we all fine tune the strategy (not a script) together.

How are the changes communicated to all the team members? explained above

What assistant software do you use? Complete list please.

PT
PAHUD
FTS
Table highlighter
and auto hot key for note taking

Will you provide, when the team reconvenes, video of everyone playing? Faces, screenames, etc. are not necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]............. i will provide pix's, not sure i would know how to post a video.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
first: Is there any chance nation is part of this "sweatshop/bot" incident?

[/ QUOTE ] While I do not believe nation is a part of the actual business it is, by no means clear that he is not involved directly.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:34 PM

Maybe this will help my case...We are constantly taking notes on players at the table. Why would a bot take notes. I just looked and my notes database is 256kb. estimates to be on 5000 or more players. now why would a bot need to take notes for??????
Old 05-10-2007, 05:35 PM

very good point.

please teach me.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in responce to there stats changing now that they have been found out, why would this happen?

FTP looked into the case for 1.5 months and found nothing wrong. They wouldnt need to change a thing. Keep running the bots, but pay closer attension to people trying to exploit them.

Changing from using the bot to not using the bot at this point, would only further make it look like they were using bots. They have been cleared by FTP and no one has any "Hard proof" it is infact a bot, so keep running it and keep things the same

[/ QUOTE ]

That wouldn't be their immediate reaction though. It's human nature when you're caught or think you're caught to stop doing what it is that got you caught.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:36 PM

Why do you take notes on players if you play the same way no matter who the player is? You're C-betting 97% of the time and you claim that you take notes on players?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:39 PM

You claim to play by the "system" but are you now claiming that you are varying your play depending on who the other players are?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:39 PM

nlnut, can you please clarify whether guys sometimes discuss difficult decisions together while you play to reach a consensus or whether you always rigidly follow a predefined system?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ha ha - it was a long time ago. And I can see why you wouldn't really need/want a camera because there isn't much to take pics of. Har har.

[/ QUOTE ]

"In 2003, US Census data showed that Johnstown was the least likely city in the United States to attract newcomers"

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, when I was there in 95 it was true then too.

Except that it was described as having the 'least transience' or something of any city in the U.S. meaning that it has the highest percentage of people supposedly 'choosing to stay in Johnstown'.

They tried to spin it like, "every other city has all these people who aren't satisfied and keep moving out of their town. Our people are here to stay."

Something like that.
In reality, not many new people ever go there.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:41 PM

this thread is so gross. it is so painfully obvious that this is a group of guys from a small town that are grinding out a half-way decent living playing some pretty straightforward poker.

i have played thousands of hands versus these villains and i can say without a doubt that i could emulate their strategy tomorrow and come very close to their stats over 100,000 hands.

fr nl holdem is not that complicated. it's not that hard. in fact, it is unbelievably simple at its core.

the bot paranoia here is over the top and completely laughable. groupthink at its worst.

what is bitterly ironic is that threads like this which cultivate fear and suspicion in the name of "preserving the integrity of the game" will likely be used by our enemies such as Kyl and others.

very sad.