Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Razz - Value river raise

Only question in hand is if the river raise is fairly standard and if there are times when this is just a call.
Also if a crying call to a reraise is justified.

Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.30 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___raises

5th Street - (4.65 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (6.65 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

River - (8.65 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

Total pot: (12.65 BB)
Old 01-30-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Razz - Value river raise

looks good, I raise here every time except vs. the tightest of players, and I'm gone by 5th against them anyway.

Easy muck to a 3 bet against a normal player.

If you are going to call 3 bets, don't raise.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:07 AM

to answer your question, given the play so far and your read on him, a raise is justified and a fold to a 3 bet is an easy one with your board. you may want to evaluate when a raise was correct on all the other streets too.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:48 PM

Borderline raise for me vs. the A-3-4 board. The only thing I like is that the 2's are pretty much dead.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this. There are several situations where folding to a 3-bet is the correct play.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this. There are several situations where folding to a 3-bet is the correct play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, folding to three bets is the correct play.

Therefore If you ARE NOT going to fold to three bets, don't raise. (Didn't I already say that?)
Old 01-31-2007, 04:11 PM

You did, and I still disagree. I think there are situations where a raise is warranted AND a 3-bet fold is warranted. Skalnsky talks about it in SOP. Generally I would agree with you, but there are situations where you can profitably raise (as a bluff) and have to fold to a 3-bet.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, folding to three bets is the correct play.

Therefore If you ARE NOT going to fold to three bets, don't raise. (Didn't I already say that?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you two are in violent agreement
Old 01-31-2007, 04:26 PM

i would have to go with the safe play and call here. Theres one 2, one 5 and two 6's showing (i think, took a quick look cuase im at work), he has an a34 showing and if he made a 7 high, chances are he made it with a 5. You actually should have folded on 6th when you got the king.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you two are in violent agreement

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]