Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Another stupid roomate situation

So over a year ago me and a friend moved into a new apartment. We signed a 12.5 month lease from May 15th to May 31st. This past May we both put our signatures on 12 month lease. My roomate is a real estate agent so he was taking care of all of this.

Fast forward to a couple months ago and he tells me he never turned in the lease and he wants to move out. So he starts looking for people to sublet, no big deal. Then last week he tells me he is giving the landlord a 45 day notice any day now, and we will have to move out December 1st. At this point he is still posting on craigslist to sublet.

So what is my play here. Do I have a right to complain. Can I just be like [censored] you I signed a lease im not moving and continue to send half the rent to the landlord? I even asked him today if we could just stay till Dec 15th so I can go home for Xmas then move somewhere Jan 1st. He said he will not pay to live here past Dec 1st. We are only talking 425 dollars each for 2 weeks extra. Would I be able to [censored] with his real estate license for failure to turn in a lease I signed. I am very vindictive and passive aggressive, so thats right up my alley way.

I hate how people post [censored] like this, but I figured I would give it a go.