Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Bizarre injuries you\'ve suffered

Playing football in highschool I had my thumb smashed between two helmets while making a tackle. It was late in the game and it was a huge stop on a third down. The crowd went nuts when we made the tackle so I jumped up immediately to celebrate. We got lined up for the next play and just before the snap on 4th down before I even felt the pain. I was wearing gloves and all around my thumb was soaked in blood. I made the play on 4th down stopping the TE about 2 yards short of the first down. I ran off the field and had to have the trainers cut the glove off to look at it. My thumb had broken in two spots and you could see the bone sticking through my skin.

Of course on the next play our offense turned the ball over and we had to go back out on defense. Well naturally the trainers weren't about to let me back into the game. They usually accomplish this by taking your helmet and hiding it somewhere.

So like a big dumb idiot I "borrowed" somebody elses helmet and went back onto the field with some tape on my thumb. The very next play I was in on a tackle and somebody landed on my thumb and broke it even worse than it already was. Now blood was everywhere and I had to be removed from the game. Haha. That hurt like a sombitch. I had to have a huge cast put on just to set my thumb back in place. Haha.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In 8th grade I was playing hackey sack... I take a few running strides while keeping my eye on the circle. Just as a yank my head around to see how close I am to the portable's wall. WHAM!!! Air conditioning unit to the face.

[/ QUOTE ]So.... did you get pelted?

Add me to the lead still in hand club.

- When I was four or five, my brother and I were goofing around hanging upside down from the stairway railing. My mother showed up at the bottom of the steps and said it was time to leave for church.

Apparently I said, "OK, mom!" and let go of the railing. I dropped straight onto my head and bounced down three steps before tumbling the rest of the way.

- When I was nine or ten I was shopping with my mother at K-Mart or Wal-Mart and was getting tired. I went to lay down on an empty shelf and didn't see the shelving pegs on the backboard. I impaled myself in the eye.

Long term results: Perfect vision growing up, but I no longer believe in god.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:44 PM

Thought that I'd pull a prank on my brother in 4th grade ---- put a golf tee on the steps pointing upward (funny prank, huh.) Forgot about it about 15 minutes later and ended up stepping on it. Golf tee went in about an inch into the bottom of my foot. I have a perfectly round scar on the bottom of my foot. I call it my Karma injury.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:47 PM

This thread is really difficult to read, but for some reason I can't stop. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I don't have too many bizarre injuries, but when I got my wisdom teeth out when I was 17 I was really drugged up when I got home. I went to take a leak and upon completion but before I could zip up I passed out. Unfortunately, I kicked the underside of the toilet and broke my big toe. This injury lasted longer than the pain from the wisdom teeth.

Oh yeah, the doctor said something like "oh yeah, this happens. I forgot to warn you about the fact your blood pressure can drop after urination, which can lead to passing out." Thanks, Doc. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 02:42 PM

I never want to see the phrase "impaled myself in the eye" again, especially not with a visual aid.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:42 PM

My sophomore year of high school, I went to a graduation party for my sister's boyfriend at the time. We were playing wiffle ball in his yard, and my team was in the field. I was playing second base, and my sister's boyfriend was the shortstop. My sister hit a ball directly at second base, and we both went for the ball.

He picked it up and tried to spin to throw the ball to first. I just happened to be standing right in front of where he was throwing, and he ended up releasing the ball about a foot away from my head. It hit me directly in the eyeball.

I tried to open my eye, and couldn't see anything at all. My sister came running over, and literally screamed when I opened my eye to show her. It had completely filled with blood. My parents took me to the ER, where they peeled the contact out of my eye (ouch).

It took about a month with three sets of eyedrops every day to fully recover. The worst part was that one of the drops dilated my eye, so it looked like I was booming all of the time--but only in one eye. Not fun times.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few nights ago I woke up screaming in pain and started punching my wall. I had a charlie horse in my calf and it was easily the most painful one I've ever experienced. 2 Days later I'm still struggling to walk comfortably.

[/ QUOTE ]

kyleb bitches about this happening to him constantly in his sleep
Old 10-04-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few years ago around Valentine's Day I had a whole mouthful of redhot candies in my mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this as "redhot candles" and was thinking, christ, dude, what do you expect?
Old 10-04-2007, 03:33 PM

my girlfriend was swinging on a swing in her backyard, held up by a 4x4 nailed between two trees. A rope came out on her swing, she fell onto her upper back and broke her collar bone, and got knocked out for a minute. it still is a little bit pointy in the middle.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:23 PM

When I was about 6-7 I was walking along on the pickets of a standard white picket fence that sat at the top of a 2' high retaining wall. I managed to slip and fall down the tallest side of the fence. The picket slid up the back of my shirt and coat, laid a 10" or so long gash into my back (along with a multitude of splinters).

To make matters worse, my coat didn't rip, so I ended up hanging there a foot or so off the ground for about 15 minutes until one of the neighbors walked past and got me down. I didn't end up needing stitches, I just got about 4 of those butterfly things, but I couldn't do much but lay on my stomach and sit on a stool for about a week..

Then, as a capstone to the entire event, when we got back home, I was grounded for 3 days as I had already received numerous warnings that I was not supposed to be climbing on the neighbor's fences. (One of those grumpy, 70 year old guy who hates everyone, neighbors)