Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Help me debate my Mom and sister - RP related

[ QUOTE ]
I think you will have a hard time convincing them of voting for Ron Paul if you've already tried and failed. Ron Paul is too extreme for most people, which is also his biggest concern for the election.

May I ask who they currently are thinking of voting for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Their current thoughts are to vote in the Democratic primary for someone besides Hillary in the hopes that she gets booted. I think the average Republican is really scared of her right now.

They admitted they don't have a huge republican preference right now, and are on board with RP's fiscal responsibility (they hate paying for everything) and his border policy. The biggest hurdles I have to overcome are the underdog thing and the terrorist thing. They are really scared of terrorists and want the government to do something about it.

Obviously I understand the flawed logic in only voting for the favorites, but its tough for me to explain.

Also its hard for me to describe how doing nothing as opposed to doing something is better for the terrorism problem. Remember its hard for to unwind social programming of many years filled with "America the Beautiful," and "One nation under god." They see America as the good guys and Arabs as bad guys. They want the US gov't to actively protect them.