Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Check-raise this river?

[ QUOTE ]
live 9 handed 20-40. I have a tight image.

I raise UTG with KdKh UTG+1 calls, MP calls, Button calls and the BB calls.

The flop: Js4c5s

I bet, UTG+1 calls, folded to button who raises, Back to me and I three bet, UTG+1 calls, Button caps, and we both call.

Button: He is a very good TAG player. I suspect he is pushing a spade draw here. He may not have called a preflop raise with AJ and Certainly would have three bet preflop with an overpair. I am not putting him on a set just yet and two pair is out of the question. I am sure he is putting me on a big pair here.

The turn: Js4c5s4d.

I bet, UTG+1 folds, Button calls(Flush draw confirmed).

The river: Js4c5s4dKs.

Obviously a lovely card. Typically against non thinking type opponents I would just bet here and hope to get raised. The button though is very smart and knows that I know he has a flush. If I bet he will probably just call since he is very careful when he gets involved with me.

I am just curious if this would be a good spot to go for a check-raise. If I check he may put me on QQ or AA and being aggressive won't be able to help himself from betting. He will certainly call the raise in this big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he's good enough to know that you know he has a flush, he's never paying off the raise. just bet.