Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: go_seminoles the big 1k/2k winner ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care what all the haters say, if you are able to make it up to 1k/2k, you aren't a fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

this pretty much sums it up for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. If I knew at the time he was a 1k/2k player playing in my game I would have stood up and left. I don't like playing when I have no edge at all [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed what I was attempting to say in my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i tink u missed what HE was attempting to say
Old 08-05-2007, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive played w the guy and to describe him as a huge fish is way way out, I don't think he'd do too well if he sat around playing every 1k/2k game that went, but who would......strange to hear he's apparently a super nice guy, as he was always incredibly unlikeable at the (online) tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously I would take 9 of them on each of my tables every day... He might be decent enough to beat the old lhe line up, aka the not so though game, but I saw him doing some bold plays that only a not so good player would do. I don't doubt he is a super nice guy but I def woudln't pay for his coaching [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 08-05-2007, 11:20 AM

I can confirm that Noles was a nice guy in person. He recognized me in the hallway at the WSOP and said hello. While we didn't talk for all that long, he seemed pleasant enough, and not the type who would be an a-hole at the tables.

Regarding whether he's "good" or "a fish", such a judgment is highly subjective, and I think such discussions are generally stupid, unless you're having a serious talk on how to best play the guy.

Ask most pro players how good other pros are, and you'll get a lot more "sucks" than "good" responses -- even if you only solicited the opinions about people who you knew were winning players. From what I have seen, many players -- even some of the best ones -- are poor judges as to the skill of their opponents. Pick just about any player you can think of, and I can tell you about someone who has told me that they suck.

The bottom line is that you are not a fish if you can make a living playing poker. Obviously certain people are underdogs in certain games. Take the 9th best player in the world and put him at the table with the 8 best players in the world, and he's an expected loser. However, put him against nearly any other lineup, and he's a strong favorite. Obviously I'm oversimplifying things a bit, but you get my point.

Perhaps Noles made some dumb moves at the table before. So what? So have I. So have you. So has everyone. If you don't think you have, you're kidding yourself. If the guy has been playing poker for a considerable amount of time and has turned a nice profit, that means he's a lot better than most are giving him credit for.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:37 PM

but we're not talking about just a few dumb moves we're talking about more than one expert player playing several hours with him and him playing completely retardedly the whole time. is it possible that this guy noles is like derb and just proves further that lhe is a big luckfest and even some fish can run super good in big games for a long time??? that would be my first guess.

or as stated before maybe he was on drugs at the wsop? maybe he'll answer.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:08 PM

I've luckboxed my way for the past 4 years. God loves me more than you.

Sorry, wasn't on drugs. However, after a month of playing 12+ hours a day minimum, I started to get a little tired of poker.

Live poker is much harder without the program I developed for online play. It's much harder to determine the algorithm of those damn machine shufflers they got. :-/
Old 08-06-2007, 12:14 AM

could you explain some of the plays you made live in ring games at the wsop people complained about like limping utg with A6o etc. there are details in this thread:

thread of hand involving noles

you are the guy they describe as "SB who is super loose but passive".

im being totally serious btw. i didnt play with you but at least 3 respected posters who play super good say you played like complete crap. it was decided you must be on meth or coke. maybe you could explain yourself minus the trite one liners. im serious because sometimes we play with players who appear to play horribly but they seem to win regularly. maybe you are one of those types and you could help us understand you.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:22 AM

Just ask Tommy to coach you.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:32 AM

When you find out that you can only win at poker by playing an exact style, let me know so I can learn that style. Live poker is already boring enough, make a game with 9 people that play exactly the same and you should just kill me now.

Does being a "respected" poster on this site make you a good player or does the money you take away from the game make you a good player? Maybe I can hire you to teach me. Should I PM you like your message says or can I just use this as my PM?

As far as that hand mentioned above, I honestly don't remember it. I played so many hands over that month that no particular hand stands out. If it was me playing that hand, then I know exaclty who JoeTall, etc are because I only played 50/100 2, maybe 3 times. If they are the "respected" people you are talking about, then wow. I'd laugh if they were in the game where I took 10k out of the game in 4 hours, then proceeded to say how much I suck. JoeTall, were you often wearing a boston hat or some other sort of hat? Back to the hand. If it was me, then here is why I played it that way. He didn't 4 bet too many hands, espectially out of the BB. If I have AK in the SB, and the flop came 234, with 2 hearts or whatever you said it came, then with me having AKh, obviously it's a huge flop for me. However, with him 4 betting me preflop, the only hands I put him on were any PP or AK/AQ. With this flop I have AK and AQ in bad shape, but with any PP, he's still ahead and will not go anywhere to a c/r. I decide to only c/c the flop to see what the turn brings and to see how he plays it. It was a blank for me, so I check again. He bets again and once again I decide to only call because of the same reason before. If he has a PP, I'm losing. If he's bettting with AK or AQ then he's getting his money in very bad. If he had checked the turn here, I would have bet out on the river because I would then figure he had AK/AQ. His bet on the turn told me he most likely had a PP (maybe a set, which he did). If I hit an A, K or 5, I will lead out on the river because I figure he would pay me off with his PP or AK/AQ if he did end up having one of those hands. If a heart comes, I'd probably c/r. However, river is a blank and I check again. He bets and I fold because I know he has a PP at this point and no use calling with my ace high. Good enough explaination for your?
Old 08-06-2007, 12:32 AM

people will read your message as meaning a different tommy, but i know who you mean and im starting to think maybe tommy is go seminoles.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:32 AM

Sigh, mike as a favor to me please just let this thread die. I already regret my initial post in this thread - nothing good can come from continuing this.

-DeathDonkey