Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Okay, lets RETURN THE WELL (again)

[ QUOTE ]
What's your favorite part of the day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dinner, my girlfriend is pretty awesome cook.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:34 PM

Bond, what kind of MTT volume does it take to be a top tier player? I have heard multiple people say that in order to be a top MTTer you must put in crazy volume. What kind of volume do you put in on average per week?

Well, while living in China i played 7-9 hours a day 6-7 days a week. I guess if you want to talk top tier we're talking rankings? Points wise in the rankings i went from not on the list to in the top 20 in about 4 months of doing that schedule. Never got any love on the pro poll though, 2+2'ers don't in general.

I find the time committment needed to play an 8 hour MTTs every other day a little too much for me, and I end up losing focus. Do you do anything else while you play? Watch TV, chat on AIM, browse 2+2, ect.?

I post hands that come up in HSMTT the seoond after they happen. Sometimes i listen to music, but i prefer to keep TV/AIM off while doing serious playing. When i go deep and am down to a couple tables i pull up AIM and let people know whats going on, then we talk over the strategy of a hand after they happen or who on the table is good/bad stuff like that.

What is your online MTT schedule like? Do you just get on and load as many MTT's as possible, or do you have specific tourneys that you like to play each day? Do you work your schedule around specific daily MTT's or just play when you feel like? And finally, how many tables (MTT's) do you generally play at one time?

I play 6-10 at a time. I like to get up at whats 5:30pm central states time and play every interesting tournament from then till about 11pm central time. Unfortunately due to the time zone difference, it gets very hard to play the saturday/sunday big afternoon tournaments.

Thanks and good luck
Old 08-08-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why in the world am I on a 49 non cash streak on Stars? Am i playing bad? should i drink more? any microbrews you suggest?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord dude thats absurd. If you can find it over in Indiana, there is this incredible beer brewed in Wisconsin called "New Glarus Spotted Cow" I promise it won't disappoint.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so given those 3 suit brand names, is buying a suit worthless unless it's like $600?

I want to break in some nice suits but not willing to shell out so much for a new wardrobe. that said if there were some nice suits for maybe $300 I could buy a few and be happy.

suggestions?

oh yeah you play poker good too

[/ QUOTE ]

In regards to the suits, def not. A couple of the ones i had in Vegas that looked super expensive/suave i got for like 500-600 at Saks Fifth Avenue. If you want nice looking stuff that isn't totally absurd go check out what they have on sale, it's pretty reasonable for the quality you get. Also, thanks for the compliment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spent more time than I'd like to admit to talking to a suit store owner(maybe their job has some other title), and he said that in general, suits that cost $700 are rarely put together any better than a $2-300 suit, and that you should either go cheap, or get something relatively pricy. This didn't seem like a sales pitch, since I just spent time asking questions, and don't look at all like their usual customer.

My main question is about buying shoes, I am getting a pair of black dress shoes, but also want some more casual shoes that would look ok with nice pants and a sport shirt, I looked at pretty much everything that Allen Edmonds and Armani makes, but couldn't find anything that I really like.

So what would you recommend for getting a pair of nice shoes, that can be kind of casual, but kind of dressy, pics, links or brand names would be appreciated.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:41 PM

Love that you're doing this Bond.

1) Is it possible to make any decent money off MTT's if you're working 9-5 in Aust? If so, how? I just can't find any bigger tourneys that run out of hours.

Um, no. Good tournaments start at 3am Melbourne time, and stop starting around 3pm Melb time. Your [censored].

2) Should I quit my job? (I think you replied to my thread, so I assume you read it :P)
Yea i replied there, if getting a home is really important to you then no, you shouldn't.

3) How much would you charge to coach someone? Would you be interested in doing that?

I don't think i'm near as qualified as some of the other guys who have advertised themselves as a coach on this forum, such as Ansky and NoahSD. Both those guys have a much better developed thought process than i do and if your going to pay someone for it, i think they would be a much better investment.

4) If you do come to Adelaide at some point (as I think you mentioned in this thread you were intending on doing), shoot me a PM. We've got a $3K buy-in tourney here in November.

I will almost certainly be there for that event. See you there.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:46 PM

Timex, i'll look into this for you during my down time today. Do you prefer a square point, rounded point, or sharper point. Also, laces or not?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Timex, i'll look into this for you during my down time today. Do you prefer a square point, rounded point, or sharper point. Also, laces or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is tough to say, the last pair of dress shoes I bought, I purchased because they were literally the cheapest pair(of dress shoes) in the whole mall.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:51 PM

Bond,

Considering the quick bio below and that I play on stars (not sure you do), do you have suggestions on the tourny types (quals for T$, freeze outs, etc) and buyins I should be playing?

Bio--- BR=$8000; playing online about 3 years. Had some success on party's $30 3 tables (built most of my roll); work 9-6 so only have a few hours a night a few days a week plus a big chunk of time on weekends to play

Thanks!

P.S. I know some people are against giving away HHs but any chance you can shoot me over a couple differing ones (success/failures) from multis? If not I understand.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bond,

Considering the quick bio below and that I play on stars (not sure you do), do you have suggestions on the tourny types (quals for T$, freeze outs, etc) and buyins I should be playing?

Bio--- BR=$8000; playing online about 3 years. Had some success on party's $30 3 tables (built most of my roll); work 9-6 so only have a few hours a night a few days a week plus a big chunk of time on weekends to play

Thanks!

P.S. I know some people are against giving away HHs but any chance you can shoot me over a couple differing ones (success/failures) from multis? If not I understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wheels, The sort of goldenrule is 100X the buy in. I would say play stuff like 20-50 FO's, 11r, 20 single r/a and when you want to mix in a higher buy in play the nightly 150 on stars and of course the sunday million.

As far as HH's go i believe i have numerous in the directory, plus a few more i'll be uploading within a week that you can feel free to have a look at.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is tough to say, the last pair of dress shoes I bought, I purchased because they were literally the cheapest pair(of dress shoes) in the whole mall.

[/ QUOTE ]

So lets say something stylish but not gaudy or excessive that can be used for both dress/casual and isn't stupid expensive. Something versatile. Sound about right?