Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: 30/60 turn spot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whether to check behind or bet the turn in these spots has alot to do with the texture of the board, your opponents tendencies, how he views you, how he thinks you view him, your hand's showdown value, how many outs you have if behind, among other factors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong, but isn't this almost a verbatim quote from HP4AP?

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I'm at work now, cant check it, but I think in these spots you have to weigh many factors and go with what stands out for the particular situation. I usually bet but I think here with that board, I check behind. Its just too likely villain has at least a pair. (Unless he has shown he likes to play tricky on the turn)
Old 11-24-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whether to check behind or bet the turn in these spots has alot to do with the texture of the board, your opponents tendencies, how he views you, how he thinks you view him, your hand's showdown value, how many outs you have if behind, among other factors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong, but isn't this almost a verbatim quote from HP4AP?

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I'm at work now, cant check it, but I think in these spots you have to weigh many factors and go with what stands out for the particular situation. I usually bet but I think here with that board, I check behind. Its just too likely villain has at least a pair. (Unless he has shown he likes to play tricky on the turn)

[/ QUOTE ]

WMB--

Oh, I hear what you're saying, though I still like a bet here. I just always get a kick out of it when I recognize a bit of prose on these forums that's been lifted right out of a 2+2 publication. This happens frequently, both because I've studied 2+2 literature harder than most and because people are constantly, either intentionally or unintentionally, quoting it (but not within quotation marks).

--Nate
Old 11-24-2007, 06:15 PM

Nate, you're right. I've read and reread that book(both editions) hundreds of times over the years, so some paragraphs are probably etched in my consciousness in granite.