Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Why I don\'t like Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]
Carmen is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree. During the WSOP it was a zoo everyday and she remembered my name (and I didn't tip her) and always dealt with 100/200 players whining and disputes with a smile.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-04-2007, 09:03 PM

Back on the original topic, another example of the poker room being less than it should be is the felt on the tables being so worn. It's like they don't care that the poker room doesn't measure up to the standards of everything else on the property. Why wouldn't B management make everything about the room be first class just because it's the Bellagio? I realize they make money off the room regardless, but why have the poker room be one of the worst experiences at Bellagio?
Old 09-04-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Back on the original topic, another example of the poker room being less than it should be is the felt on the tables being so worn.

[/ QUOTE ]

???? The felt seems to be replaced as often as the felt on the BJ tables. Can someone confirm?
Old 09-04-2007, 10:17 PM

the felt on all tables have been replaced at least twice in the past year.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Back on the original topic, another example of the poker room being less than it should be is the felt on the tables being so worn.

[/ QUOTE ]

???? The felt seems to be replaced as often as the felt on the BJ tables. Can someone confirm?

[/ QUOTE ]

In rooms that use their tables the felt wears very quickly.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:10 AM

I may have as much time in Vegas as anyone who doesn't live there over the past 4 or so years. I started staying at Bellagio as the guy who got me started playing poker, played there.

I was always treated well as I progressed up the limits and really enjoyed the quality of the games. So I wound up playing mostly there. After the Wynn opened and the Bellagio upped it's poker rates, the Wynn became my home away from home. The rooms were bigger, brighter and nicer; and I was treated very well by all. The one big problem was the games. The 30/60 didn't run all that often and hardly ever after the WSOP. When it did it was populated with many of my 2+2 buddies that I have gotten to know over the years. While I'm always glad to spend time with them, it doesn't make for a great game.

So last weekend, I decide to head to LV and play some golf and it turns out that the Wynn is booked, but the Bellagio has rooms, so it's back there for the weekend. Yeah, those fancy new chairs didn't hold up so well, it's still a tight fit between the tables, the waitresses don't hold a candle to the Wynn girls and the customer service isn't stellar. But geez Louise, there were at least 4 juicy 30 games going at all times. At one point in time I mentioned to my friend (who is a poster here) that it was staggering to think of the EV that I gave up by staying and playing at the Wynn over the last year and a half.

Maybe the best solution for me is to stay at the Wynn, show my face in the poker room enough to stay in their good graces, then take a cab over to the Bellagio for my serious poker hours.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, those fancy new chairs didn't hold up so well, it's still a tight fit between the tables, the waitresses don't hold a candle to the Wynn girls and the customer service isn't stellar. But geez Louise, there were at least 4 juicy 30 games going at all times. At one point in time I mentioned to my friend (who is a poster here) that it was staggering to think of the EV that I gave up by staying and playing at the Wynn over the last year and a half.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really the bottom line for me in Las Vegas. I've enjoyed playing at Wynn and occasionally have found a good 30 game. But if you play limit hold em above 15-30, Bellagio is the only place to play IMO - the action is just much better there than anywhere else in Vegas and it's not close. And I don't think the place is as bad as everyone makes out either - I've always been treated well there.

P.S. Mirage 20-40 is a fun game also with lots of action usually, but apparently only runs weekends now? At least that's how it was when I was there during the WSOP.

Jeff
Old 09-05-2007, 09:11 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Wynn hasn't even had 15/30 going the last few times I've been there. Apparently the game was built around me?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:46 AM

put me down on the list that wishes that the wynn could keep a 30 game going.

I did stay at mirage for a few nights last month and the 20/40 game was v v good but sometimes wasn't running. I couldn't figure out the schedule though because it wasn't going once during the weekend but there was a full table on a monday morning.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:18 PM

I played mostly $2-5 and occasionally $5-10nl. I probably asked for 4 table changes one day and every time they were very accomodating and took care of me right away. I didn't have a problem with them. It was just an uncomfortable place to play