Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Raise or Call this turn? 50-100 Shorthanded

6 ppl 50/100 FTP. Game is playing pretty weak and loose passive for this limit. Guy to my left keeps coldcalling my raises preflop and seems like a fish.

I raise UTG with AJ26 with suited ace of diamonds, guy directly to my left calls, both blinds call.

Flop (400) Q 4 5 rainbow, no diamonds: checked to me, I bet, one call, SB craises, BB calls two cold, what should I do?
Old 08-22-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Raise or Call this turn? 50-100 Shorthanded

2handed - I'd just call. At this point you're mainly playing for the low half of the pot. (Only threes hold much prospect for scooping, and a six, seven, or eight is needed for low - fifteen good cards in all, but mostly for a fraction of the pot. The other thirty cards in the deck do not help much, although some open other possibilities.

And even if you get a three on the turn (or another card you consider favorable), there still is the chance of getting counterfeited on the river, or someone could end up making a flush or full house on the river, thus negating your high chances with the low straight.

Meanwhile nobody is going away here, and if someone does, it's probably not good for you.

So just call and then reassess after the turn. (There is enough in the pot already to justify a call).

Buzz
Old 08-22-2007, 05:18 PM

Look to see a turn as cheaply as possible here. If I'm you, I'm just calling here rather than folding and re-raising.

Without any flush draws, there's not much that hurts you on the turn except for the board pairing, a 9, and one of the last two aces (I'm assuming one opponent probably has A-x-x-x and another has 2-3-x-x).
SB may have a set at this point or an A-2-3-x lock-low draw - he's certainly strong enough that you're making a mistake if you re-raise here and get even more money into this pot.

If you miss the turn (say a 9) I think you can safely get away from this hand and only lose the minimum have enough fold equity to get away from this hand.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:16 PM

when you get c/r on the flop here there is a good chance you're getting 4-bet anyways and wont get this free turn card. However, you may push out the MP with a weaker hand where you are getting quartered here often. I just call and see what the turn card is. Now if you had A236 or A23Q I would say go nuts. But with only A26 here I dont like 3b and building this pot.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:17 PM

Call, not only are you only drawing at nut low and have very scooping outs, if an A or 2 comes on the turn you are now on the C/F and building a pot when you have that few scooping outs and not like A24 or A23 is just not profitable.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:04 PM

yeh i guess i am being too results oriented on this one because i called, turn was a 3 and scoooped.