Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2006, 03:35 PM

Default Hustler tonight (8/26)

I'll be at the Hustler tonight starting around 9 or 10p, playing 3/6 LHE if anyone wants to stop by and say hi. I'm mostly a lurker on here (recreational micro limit player), never met a 2+2er face to face. Look for a 6'3" guy with glasses + blonde ponytail wearing a black fleece. I'm told I look half-asleep at the table. Come make fun of my game.

I've been in LA on business often, but this is the first time I went to a card room here. Hit Hustler thurs nite based on recommendations from here, and y'all were right on. Nice place, good games. The short version of a trip report is: ~11:30pm get there after a day at work. Found the place no prob, missed the parking lot the first time and had to tour the neighborhood to find my way back to the entrance. Seated in the 1 seat by midnite, buy a rack. Play tight and aggressive, feeling good about my game, and by 3am (when I'd planned to leave) I'm up a rack and a half and can't possible quit this game. By 4:30a I've (predictibly) loosend up so much and made so many hopeless calls and donks that I'm down to 4 bets and buy another $40. The guy in the 2 seat, who I've been chatting with, starts giggling every time I raise pre flop. He's solid but calls to much, and the deck is hitting him right now. Still having fun, though. So right about the time they bring around the donuts at 6 (very nice touch!) I take a couple of huge pots on good hands and am up 4 whole bets for the night and drive back to my hotel in Burbank.

Curious to see what the weekend crowd will be like. I'm gonna try to skip that middle part and play good all nite this time. Planning on being there from 9ish til when I lose, bust, or can't stay awake. Give me a 'sup bro if you see me.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Hustler tonight (8/26)

*bump*

Bueller? Bueller?
Old 08-27-2006, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Hustler tonight (8/26)

I didn't check the forum today or I would have said hello. I played about 5 hrs of 3/6 this evening, table 40. It was one of those tables that Sklansky and Miller had in mind when they wrote SSHE. 6+ on every flop, most of them cold calling raises. I flopped quad jacks about an hour in, that was entertaining. But the true reason I go there is the lovely Paulina, the card scan hottie.