Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Some 1/2 shorthanded live hands

4 Handed; Villian is the same guy in both hands and I've been tilting him I believe by winning every pot vs. him. He is calling every one of my raises at this point.

Hand 1 I raise 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG
Button flats, he 3-bets the SB, we both call.

Flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets, I call, button folds

Turn is a 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bets, I raise, He checks back at his cards real quick and then 3-bets, I call

River is a J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He instantly bets.

Hand 2 we are in the same positions, I raise K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG, button calls, villian cold calls in the SB, BB calls this time too.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me and I bet, Button folds, villian raises, BB folds, I call

Turn is a J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bets, I raise, He instantly 3 bets, I call

River is a 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He confidently bets..

Should I have given more action here with these hands considering villian is gunning for me pretty much? I feel like at the most by raising anywhere I'm getting 1 more bet, and possibly losing 2 when I'm beat. His hand range is pretty much anything both hands, he is quite loose.

Comments?
Old 02-05-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Some 1/2 shorthanded live hands

I would reraise hand 2 on the turn in an instant. Hand 1 is a judgment call, and even given your description of him, I'd juts call down after his turn 3bet. With button behind you on flop, I'd just lay it down.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:29 PM

HIV,

I believe in hand #1 you can easily rule out a flush. If this person is checking for cards at the 100/200 level than you should be exploiting this person at all attempts. If he is gunning for you, he check raises for sure on the turn instead of leading out with a flush, I also think he makes the same play with a higher set.

Hand 2:

I think its hard to think your beat here because villan would reraise you with any chance he gets. With a rainbow board, and non coordinated cards I think all systems say go here.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:57 PM

Are you guys playing with a 4 bet cap?

If so, I would 4 bet each hand on the turn, planning to call a river bet and bet if checked to unless I fill up.

Hand 1 his lookback is almost always AcQx AcAx KcKx or something of the sort unless he's very good and then it could be top set or a flush and he's doing that to make you think what I noted.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:09 PM

i agree 100% with ian here.He has one clubs on his hand with at least TPTK.So i would bet the hell out of him.

Hand 2 is at least a call with the player discribed, but its possible that he shows KJ.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:56 PM

reraise the turn on both hands
Old 02-05-2007, 05:58 PM

I think hand one you should fold the flop. Since you didn't I like the turn and I'd raise the river. As others have pointed out this seems like one pair with a club redraw way more often than a hand that beats you.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys playing with a 4 bet cap?

If so, I would 4 bet each hand on the turn, planning to call a river bet and bet if checked to unless I fill up.

Hand 1 his lookback is almost always AcQx AcAx KcKx or something of the sort unless he's very good and then it could be top set or a flush and he's doing that to make you think what I noted.

[/ QUOTE ]

very good advice here
Old 02-05-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If we know he has one of those hands on the turn, is 4-betting the turn then the clear play? Why not just call and raise a non-club river?
Old 02-05-2007, 07:22 PM

I think you misplayed hand 1 all over. With the button to act behind you on that board I'd just muck the flop, but if you were gonna play raise it and take control of the hand, you're not calling for your 2 outs.

When he checks he cards with the 3 clubs, it screams AcQx. Cap the turn and charge him, or raise the river.

Hand 2 I just call because I hate putting 3 bets on the river when he has you beat. If you could confidently fold to a river 3 bet, then I'd raise in hand 2 also.