Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Brown Sugar

I pull a Tommy and get up early on Sunday morning and head out as I couldn't sleep when I woke up at 430AM. My first thought was, "when is kickoff?, [censored], 11 hours, argh." I'm feeling a little better this afternoon. 27 days until pitchers and catchers report...

40/80 Oceans 11

Bad playing, loose, weak-postflop, woman who is stuck 7 racks, limps in EMP.

I raise Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] while looking left in the CO. The button is a crazy-raisin-Asian(CRA) and I made a big mistake by not moving quickly to the seat to his left, it filled too fast as I was on a break. He looks down at his cards, he 'hitches' for a sec and goes into to hurry-chip mode, I put him on AJ, and he 3-bets.

Big blind has never folded a big blind in his life and he calls, lady moans and calls two, I cap, lady moans again, button calls, BB calls and she calls.

4 to the flop for 16.5SBs

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check to me, I bet, the CRA calls and I think he may have AK, the BB folds, the lady calls.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check to me, I bet, CRA raises and I put him back on AJ, lady huffs and calls two...

Your action?
Old 01-22-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Brown Sugar

3ville : population you
Old 01-22-2007, 08:55 PM

I like a 3bet since the CRA probably has the Ace of clubs and the lade a J10ish type hand.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:25 PM

Well, by the way you presented this, you can 3-bet. But you probably know as well as anyone that the opportunity to put 3-bets in good with one pair in a multiway midlimit live game is rare.

So I'm skeptical.

I can't imagine just calling is giving up much since if you're ahead these guys could easily have 1/2 the deck to beat you and you could end up really sticking in a lot of money really bad if the CRA made a real hand.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3ville : population you

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I'm pretty sure the population is 3. You and two chumps.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:11 AM

you might be beat. this is not a spot to 3 bet. you should call. try to showdown if at all possible.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:30 AM

Mike, Joe Tall said he has him on AJ. Are you suggesting that the lady has him beat?

Seriously, I've always felt that you've got to believe in your reads. If both players have exactly what we think they have - AJ and JT, one or both with a club draw - we're leaving a lot of money on the table by not 3betting. Additionally, some guys like to raise this turn intending to check behind on the river. Failing to 3bet here could cost us our % of $320. Our % should be around 70-75%. Also, if you feel comfortable folding to a 4bet, I don't see why you should fear 3betting.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:25 AM

folding to a 4 bet might be bad. lagasian could have a set or something in which case hero has too many outs to fold. lady could have a draw but she could also have a flush or set or straight or two pair. all in the range. she could also have something like KcJx or a T or or or. and lagasian could have all sorts of hands including Acx hands.

what im trying to explain is their hand ranges are way too wide given the action and the board. so folding is an error, but so is 3 betting. get to showdown and dont be surprised if you lose, but definitely dont fold either.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:27 AM

lol, i left that game an hour or two before you got there. i guess the lady had made a comeback to only be stuck 7 racks.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:33 AM

btw, if the lady is who i think it is, there is nearly 0% chance she has you beat here. asian guy: pretty good chance. get to showdown. dont be afraid to overcall if needed.