Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Ron Paul quotation - Is it a hoax?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I concur with you strictly in your opinion of the comparative merits of atheism and demonism, and really see nothing but the latter in the being worshipped by many who think themselves Christians.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly implying that they aren't "real" Christians and he is. Sorry, this one supports me.

[ QUOTE ]
The whole history of these books [the Gospels] is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills.

[/ QUOTE ]

So? A Christian isn't capable of believing that the Bible was "added to" in the Middle Ages? You're just reaching with this one.

[ QUOTE ]
You say you are a Calvinist. I am not. I am of a sect by myself, as far as I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, a sect of Christianity by himself. He certainly was against the various Christian churches and sects and had his own interpretation of the Bible. This doesn't make him not a Christian.

[ QUOTE ]
he DID believe in Christianity in some convoluted sense

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry but if you believe that Jesus was just a man and not the son of GOd, you are no longer a christian in any proper sense. more importantly any christian today who would state that the founding fathers where believers in christianity is using the word in a false context.