Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Awesome [not the typical schneids hand]

Standard.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:21 AM

I almost asked, but then I clicked and learned that the Mike Schneider who's sitting w/ 165k chips at WPT Tunica is from Covington, GA. You are from the Sub-Arctic.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:21 AM

I nominate a title change for Schneids: "Keeping limit alive in BBV"
Old 01-23-2007, 07:29 AM

teach me or something
Old 01-23-2007, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
everytime i see schneids at c-bury, i wanna go talk to him. but then i get too nervous. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-23-2007, 07:54 AM

schneids,

suppose pokerbob and i were to approach you to invite you to a delicous grilled cheese sandwich and krispy kreme. do you suppose you would acknowledge us?
Old 01-23-2007, 08:04 AM

I feel like javel played this hand really well but forgot one of the Clarkmeister rules and should have 3 bet the river just in case. Also, your flop bet, turn check/call just blew my mind and I don't think anyone properly appreciates how useful that line might be. I vow to use it the next time I play a toughish game at least once.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-23-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
schneids,

suppose pokerbob and i were to approach you to invite you to a delicous grilled cheese sandwich and krispy kreme. do you suppose you would acknowledge us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just drop to your knees and suck him off?
Old 01-23-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like javel played this hand really well but forgot one of the Clarkmeister rules and should have 3 bet the river just in case. Also, your flop bet, turn check/call just blew my mind and I don't think anyone properly appreciates how useful that line might be. I vow to use it the next time I play a toughish game at least once.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

hope i'm not stepping on mikey's toes here or bringing too much strat to bbv, but the flop donk, turn check/call line is useful where there are a LOT of river cards that can come that will allow you to make bluffing more profitable (by keeping the pot small). in this case, any A, any h (or apparantly to mikey) any K make such a bluff good (either by betting out or c'ring) and in this individual hand, opponent may check other better a hand behind (better a-highs...no pair is ever checking).

counter argument is that mikey should let opponent use those cards to bluff since his hand is v showdownable. personally, i'd choose this one as i'd think villian would bet the river with plenty of hands that i beat w/ Ahigh but i can't imagine hands that he'd bet/fold that are better than ace high given the line mikey took. if i were villian and i had a pair that was value betting, i'd say "king high flush draw good" and call with my low pair and/or AJ/AQ ish hands b/c there are plenty of straight draws and heart draws there that donk flop/check call turn and make sense. it even makes sense to bet the AQhigh for value + allow a good player a chance to bluff c'r especially if you're seen as a folder given the # of draws out there and how the hand was played.

v-betting the good a highs makes sense b/c the way mikey played looks like either one of 2 things, 1) a draw which may include an ace of hearts, or may want to use the K as a chace to bluff (if you're seen as a folder, which i am), 2) a weaker ace that wants to get to showdown and doesn't want to get raised off.

end strategy mumbo jumbo.

Barron
Old 01-23-2007, 08:35 AM

barron,

[ QUOTE ]
hope i'm not stepping on mikey's toes here or bringing too much strat to bbv... words words words

[/ QUOTE ]

you failed miserably.

but that was still a hell of a post.