Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: WCOOP ME - flop,turn,river decision

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain moved to table a few hands ago. No read.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a villain WHO UNDERSTANDS ADVANCED PLAYS

[/ QUOTE ]
Please explain how you get from 1 to 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I think I'm wasting too much time explaining to you. If you can shove 400BBs in $2600 tourney for flush draw on the flop, you need to learn *a lot* before posting at HSMTT. This is the last post I reply to you.

Do yourself a favor next time when you play big tournament online - open up pokerdb.com and check out each player's info before you play a hand with her/him.

(LUNOID won 2nd place in last years WCOOP#2 for $250K. I'm pretty sure he's a live pro from his pokerdb records. After playing two pots, we didn't play post flop. But he is a very decent player who came back with chip leader after 6 more levels.)
Old 10-05-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NYwalker,
If slowplaying a set on this flop gets you to stack off top pair its insanely profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eagles,
I can tell it's insanely "profitable" when slow playing a set on this kind of drawing flop 3-way.

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/SH88193/...0071004_195321
Old 10-05-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain moved to table a few hands ago. No read.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a villain WHO UNDERSTANDS ADVANCED PLAYS

[/ QUOTE ]
Please explain how you get from 1 to 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I think I'm wasting too much time explaining to you. If you can shove 400BBs in $2600 tourney for flush draw on the flop, you need to learn *a lot* before posting at HSMTT. This is the last post I reply to you.

Do yourself a favor next time when you play big tournament online - open up pokerdb.com and check out each player's info before you play a hand with her/him.

(LUNOID won 2nd place in last years WCOOP#2 for $250K. I'm pretty sure he's a live pro from his pokerdb records. After playing two pots, we didn't play post flop. But he is a very decent player who came back with chip leader after 6 more levels.)

[/ QUOTE ]
1. I never said I played that hand well.
2. I HAD A STRAIGHT DRAW.
3. Than say you pokerdbed him in the OP.

Wow never saw this hand before
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
First wow bet the flop. If you check c/r I guess once you check call once I guess the call of the over c/r is fine. This really doesn't prove your point about slowplaying sets at all. If river paired the board I guess it your line would suck.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NYwalker,
If slowplaying a set on this flop gets you to stack off top pair its insanely profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eagles,
I can tell it's insanely "profitable" when slow playing a set on this kind of drawing flop 3-way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow how could you play this hand so badly

edit: NVM you stacked him NH

Also your range on this flop is only flush draws so villain should know you always have 9 outs vs him, compared to that other hand where if he had a set you would be basically drawing dead.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:09 AM

Eagles,

As a closing post to this thread, I'm telling you,

1. Your hand reading skill is bad; it will hurt you financially if you play high stakes tournaments against Pros.

2. In today's tournaments (especially large buy-in ones), people play so well that is hard to identify bluff/valuetown/pot building. That's why a lot of players have different views about the two hands I played with LUNOID. In such tournaments, you need to evaulate every single piece of information find out inconsistency from villain's pf entering pot, his flop/turn/river along with his previous showdowns/his stacksize/his level at the game. Once you have the read, go with it. When it's so obvious, actually, it isn't.

3. There are many problems in my game such as pot building, get full value from best hands, etc... I'm working on these.

After our discussion, this just my opinion (not advise). You can keep arguing you would play differently in all these three hands and all other hands that I played. But I can tell you, *almost all the pots I won in tournaments post flop* are the ones that most 2+2ers would play the opposite way. I'm not saying which way is right or which one is right, but I'm happy with the results from these tournaments , at least, as amateur. I believe some decisions are close ones and others are correct.

Hope you win more pots and more money. But if you like to win arguments instead of pots, it's OK with me as a poker player. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: It's insanely profitable to play any two cards with position against you.

Please stop folding best hands without thinking. Stop inflating pots without the nuts. Good luck! {The thread is over.}
Old 10-06-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: It's insanely profitable to play any two cards out of position against you (NYWalker).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-06-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eagles,

As a closing post to this thread, I'm telling you,

1. Your hand reading skill is bad; it will hurt you financially if you play high stakes tournaments against Pros.

2. In today's tournaments (especially large buy-in ones), people play so well that is hard to identify bluff/valuetown/pot building. That's why a lot of players have different views about the two hands I played with LUNOID. In such tournaments, you need to evaulate every single piece of information find out inconsistency from villain's pf entering pot, his flop/turn/river along with his previous showdowns/his stacksize/his level at the game. Once you have the read, go with it. When it's so obvious, actually, it isn't.

3. There are many problems in my game such as pot building, get full value from best hands, etc... I'm working on these.

After our discussion, this just my opinion (not advise). You can keep arguing you would play differently in all these three hands and all other hands that I played. But I can tell you, *almost all the pots I won in tournaments post flop* are the ones that most 2+2ers would play the opposite way. I'm not saying which way is right or which one is right, but I'm happy with the results from these tournaments , at least, as amateur. I believe some decisions are close ones and others are correct.

Hope you win more pots and more money. But if you like to win arguments instead of pots, it's OK with me as a poker player. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: It's insanely profitable to play any two cards with position against you.

Please stop folding best hands without thinking. Stop inflating pots without the nuts. Good luck! {The thread is over.}

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow you are so cocky/condescending
1. My hand reading skill isn't great but its certainly good enough to beat MSNL for a good clip. I would gladly play high buyin tournaments against most "pros"
2.Meh sure
3.Ya there are problems in everyones game but yoy sometimes play hands so badly that shows you lack a basic understanding of poker. I.e. 3betting AK with 30bbs and folding to a shove.
I do like winning at poker an that's why I will contine to get advice from people better than me.
Secfond umm why is it +ev to play any 2 cards vs me in position? Doesn't stuff like this depend on you know my raising range and the game dynamic and what position I'm in etc... but I guess im wrong NYwalker can profitbaly play 27o in position vs me.

Umm your last point sure... I'll try not to fold the best hand but I guess you know in this hand you posted he had 22 so you know you played it right because his entire range is low pairs he's bluffing.

Good point also I will make sure to not inflate the pot without the nuts. If I flop second set I'll just call down because you know I don't have the nuts so why would I want to inflate it.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:05 AM

NYWalker,
I dont want to bother arguing anymore. If you think I am so bad I will play you HU at any limit you want on any site .Right now I only have party money because that's where i play but if I get the chance to play you HU I will make sure I can get money on any site because you are so terrible at poker that I will be printing money