Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 09:47 PM

Default anything wrong here? (razz)

Maybe CC the river?

Razz ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (7.80 SB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (4.90 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (6.90 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

River - (6.90 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___raises

Total pot: (10.90 BB - $5.45)
Old 09-07-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: anything wrong here? (razz)

I would check-call the river personally. I would also consider betting on 6th. Against most opponents I probably wouldn't, since they'd just call, and I'd be behind, but there might be a few against whom it would be useful. It would depend on assuming that:

If the opponent got the 7 high, they wouldn't raise.
If they got the 7 high, they would bet if checked to.
You would call if bet to by the opponent.
The opponent has a chance of folding if the 3 paired.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:56 PM

I agree, I would have bet 6th to represent a made hand. I think you'd get a fold about half the time and a raise the other half when they have a really good made hand. (OK, maybe sometimes they call.) It's just something I do, tho.' I think you played it fine.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:57 PM

just call the reraise on third, all the wheels are dead. I'd c/c the river as well.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:04 AM

It wouldn't be good to bet there, because he is calling regardless with pot odds. No way is he folding there.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It wouldn't be good to bet there, because he is calling regardless with pot odds. No way is he folding there.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you know that at the time? Just curious if you had a real specific read on him. (I pay almost no attention to pot odds at any time. Many players don't.) But he already paired, and might have again - and it might buy you a check on the river if he thinks you already have a hand and could have improved it.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:21 AM

a majority of people realize that when there is a 6-7$ pot they will not care about .50 cents. Unless he is retarded at poker, and doesn't understand pot odds, then maybe he will fold there. Regardless even if he knows he is behind it pays to try and catch 7th.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(I pay almost no attention to pot odds at any time; good players do)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, what was that about telling people how bad they play?

-ChipsAhoya
Old 09-08-2007, 12:50 AM

Your re-raise on 3rd says "I have 3 cards 5 and under". Since it's already HU maybe just go ahead and call him which says something more like "I have a 6 or 7 high"

I might check 4th sometimes. Villain almost never folds, and even if he's paired he will, and should, call you. Checking disguises your hand somewhat, and chances are good villain will bet for you, so the net result is the same except he's unlikely to believe you if you catch good on 5th and he doesn't. If he's not paired, he has a 4 card 7 also, most likely, so you're probably neither far ahead nor behind, so checking does not cost you much if he checks behind.

A limp-raise on 3rd usually means a monster, which I usually read as 3 wheel cards and I weight them towards cards where he has more outs like in this case I'n thinking A24, 234, etc. The 7 almost never pairs him in the hole especially because you drew one and especially because he gets another on 5th.

When he calls 5th I am pretty sure he's drawing to a 7, probably a 74 but at worst a 75. So are you. I have mixed feelings about checking 6th. I'd probably do it in this case too though. If villains shoes I might occaisonally check a 74 behind on 6th, precisely because of what happens on 7th. I might also check behind an 87 planning to bet the river if checked to again.

On the river, I probably check-call because your check on 6th and a check on 7th is going to induce him to bet some hands you can beat, although it's kind of hard to imagine what hands those would be. If he has an 8, it's better than yours, if he has a 7, or better obviously you're beat. I guess he might bet a 97 there if checked to twice.

I can't think of a single thing that a sane player would raise there that doesn't beat you. One reason a bet is risky here is that your board indicates that you probably have a 7 and there's a chance you could have a 6 or a wheel. Since your hand looks stronger than it is, he is going to fold most hands you can beat and call mostly with hands that beat you (or raise). So there is little potential for upside (unless you somehow get him to fold a hand you beat, very unlikely) and the potential to lose a bet, or two if he raises and you can't fold.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:17 AM

The reraise on 3rd is pretty bad. Villain limprereraised, representing a monster. Your cards are fairly dead, so he may be a significant favorite. Plus you are giving villain too much information.

I would bet 6th.