Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Leak Found - Need Advice

I was running through Pokey's post on PokerTracker and believe I found a leak in my heads up play when I do not raise pre-flop. Pokey's text is as follows:

"5. Heads-up play Click on “Turn Filter Off,” then click on “Filters…” again. Under “Hands With Between…Players Seeing The Flop” change the range from “0 to 10 players” to “2 to 2 players.” Hit “OK” and see what comes up. This shows you how you’ve done when you were heads-up preflop, but a flop was dealt. See how you’ve done in these situations. If things look OK, go back to “Filters…” and under “Pre-flop Raise” select “No Raise.” This will show you how you’ve done when you didn’t raise preflop, but the hand was heads-up on the flop (this includes pure limping and when someone ELSE raised preflop, but not when you were the preflop raiser). Is this number positive? If not, it could be an indicator that you have trouble when you are not the aggressor preflop, especially without padding in the pot."

The first part (stats for 2 to 2 players seeing the flop), yields a BB/100 of 10, which I believe is quite good. The second part, selecting the "No Raise" part yields a loss of 15 BB/100, which is terrible.

Does this mean I'm cold calling raises too much or am I going too far with my hands in limped pots? OR both?

All other stats check out fine and positive except this one according to Pokey's guide.

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Leak Found - Need Advice

I haven't done the pokeytracker post for ages but like you say it filters for HU play w/o the betting lead preflop.
1st do you have a decent sample, anything less than 50k we can only draw indicative potential conclusions/leaks.

Look at all the hands and see if you were justified in calling preflop with SCs/ PPs =- i.e villan has 10x raise and/or pot is multiway. SCs are more profitable IP[as everything] so check your not calling preflop OOP too much.

Other than that you'll have to post your postflop hands -can't give any general advice here.

Post some of the biggest pots and where your most unsure.
If you want PM me and I'll be happy to look over some of the others that you just want a quick check/don't want to clutter the forum with.