Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 04:42 PM

Default I\'m Old Post: Multitabling for Experts (FTP)

You have to be able to multitable in order to make any significant amount of money playing micro-stakes NL. There are a few different things you can do to improve your multitabling skills, the first of which (after the zero-th item POKERTRACKER) is a good PAHUD layout.

A lot of people just use the normal VPIP/PFR/AF/HANDS stats that come up by default, but those numbers are only rough ideas of hand ranges; the most useful information comes from other statistics, such as wtsd, fold to cbet %, and more.

I got my basic layout from MSNLer/all-around pimp goofyballer.

I have 9 additional stats in my HUD, all percentages, including fold to cbet, attempt to steal, cbet flop, cbet turn, aggression flop/turn/river, and fold flop/turn. These are some of the most key secondary stats in my opinion. If you need to know anything else you can click the player name to get pop-up stats. The stats are all coded so green = good, red = bad.

I also use a card and table mod for FTP. These can be found in the software forum, in this thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

You just have to download some image files and copy them into the appropriate folder of your FTP software. They explain how to do it in the thread. The bright 4-color deck contrasts with the black table--also my PAHUD stats are much easier to read than on a colorful background.

My final secret weapon is a program called Full Tilt Shortcuts. It is probably the most amazing program ever made for online poker players. It does just about everything including automatically close dialog boxes, autorebuy at a certain threshold, automatically take seats from waitlists, and most importantly, there is an AMAZING bet pot function.

When I play, this software cuts the number of clicks I make to probably 40% of my normal amount. The program auto-activates a table when the mouse is over it, so that saves one click. The software then can preset the bet amount without you clicking anything, saving you another click. Then you can either click bet, or hit "b" on the keyboard to bet/raise that amount. If I want to fold a hand, I just put the mouse over that table and hit "f", same for call with "c".

The scroll wheel on my mouse operates the slider. Tooltips pop up to give you details about bet and stack sizes, and you can program in overlays to display your M for tournament other stuff...basically you can write whatever you want on the table.

There are a ton of other features (auto sng-opener) so just check out the website:

http://www.dcity.org/poker/fts/

The program is like $30 or less, totally worth it.

Well, thats about it. I hope this post can help some people transform their FTP for the better.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: I\'m Old Post: Multitabling for Experts (FTP)

wow steve! you really helped my game!

(move in time- t minus 11 days?)
Old 07-27-2007, 04:55 PM

You use agression frequency instead of agression factor? how do interpretations of these values differ? Can I read a tendency to donk from the agression frequency?

What font do you use for the stats? they look prettier than the default.

Can you send me the layout file (pm for email)? or upload it somewhere?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:56 PM

I really try to read your posts, but all I can do is look at your avatar...

Who is she? :-D
Old 07-27-2007, 05:11 PM

nice post

[ QUOTE ]
I really try to read your posts, but all I can do is look at your avatar...

Who is she? :-D

[/ QUOTE ]
alizee
Old 07-27-2007, 05:12 PM

Looking at that screenprint...Rebuy preflop. Also you cant rely on any of those stats on the people you are playing with.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at that screenprint...Rebuy preflop. Also you cant rely on any of those stats on the people you are playing with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not even seated at the table, also its just a demonstration of what the stats look like. I datamined that table for like 30 min before I wrote this post.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:25 PM

I've searched the forums and the web but can't figure out how to get the PT stats to show up on the FTP HUD. Please point me in the right direction.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:30 PM

www.pokeracesoftware.com

download the latest beta version, make sure you enable flicker-free drawing in the options.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not even seated at the table, also its just a demonstration of what the stats look like. I datamined that table for like 30 min before I wrote this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG owned.

nice post though steve. your Pahud layout is sweet. anychance i could get a hold of that? Also, do you not use C/R% or bet river %? I find those really helpful ( you may have them on that screenshot but Iam to lazy to click back now and check)

MIT