Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 06:15 PM

Default 10NL- TPTK vs possible flush

Villain was 76/22/1.2 over 37 hands. What would be the best line here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($15.35)
UTG ($8.85)
MP ($13.80)
CO ($11.35)
Button ($10.05)
Hero ($9.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($0.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, MP calls $1.40.

Turn: ($5.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: ($5.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $3.30.

Final Pot: $15.50
Old 01-04-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: 10NL- TPTK vs possible flush

re-raise the flop harder, test that draw

river call is ok, his turn check makes me think youre tied
Old 01-04-2007, 06:24 PM

i would make it atleast .90 to go preflop
on the flop i would bet pot and if he raised me then i get it in. if he just called my bet and flush card hits i probably try to slow down check/call unless he seems to wanna push that flush when it hits then its all up to reading him and deciding whether or not to fold. this could also easily be KT and 9T with this guys stats it looks like.
i try to get it in on the flop and if you up against QJ, 22, etc. then that sucks but i think this guy would call you with lots of hands you are beating
Old 01-04-2007, 06:27 PM

you have to lead the turn here and fold to any aggression and check/call a reasonable bet on river and fold to an oversize bet
Old 01-04-2007, 08:09 PM

Given his wide range and low AF I am a little worried about that undersized flop raise. He is definitely raising QJ pf and again on the flop. Unless you have got him riled up in some way I think I am looking to keep this cheap after he raises since I am oop.

I see him playing KQ this way maybe but especially if they are hearts. Since you didn't reraise pf all three sets are about equally likely. Is he playing a simple draw this way? Given his AF I don't think so even most combos I think he just calls with.

So I probably just call the flop raise, cuz' I think I am behind his range but have the odds to call.

I could be pessimistic (weak) and if you decide to raise make it quite a bit bigger (~4 total) since you are looking to overcharge possible draws. As I said I don't think he is playing a mediocre (Tc9c or 7h6h for example) draw this way.

Either way you play the flop I don't think you can push him off a better hand on the turn and you are still behind his range. His call of your flop raise does make a draw seem more likely but I still think I don't want to go give him the chance to raise me off my hand.

River is fine, a small value bet is in order and you have the odds to call but I am pretty surprised if you are winning. A tie seems pretty likely tho.