Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Do downswings get easier?

[ QUOTE ]
great players losing 2 years?????????? LOOOOL. I dont think so, unless you play live poker where you play 3 hands per hour in super tough competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the book, if you studied math, its all laid out for you.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
great players losing 2 years?????????? LOOOOL. I dont think so, unless you play live poker where you play 3 hands per hour in super tough competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
id rather not get teaspoonfed by some book.. All these guys claiming 'omg i broke even for 100k hands, sick variance' are just doing it wrong. So unless 3 hands per hour in tough live game 2 years breaking even is impossible for a great player.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
id rather not get teaspoonfed by some book.. All these guys claiming 'omg i broke even for 100k hands, sick variance' are just doing it wrong. So unless 3 hands per hour in tough live game 2 years breaking even is impossible for a great player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I say, buy the book, it is a brilliant work which allowed me to reconcile playing poker with the inevitable losses that occur. I also was able to relate this to the stock market, investing, and the events that happen in my life.

I admit, the math is not for everybody, but I got through it referring back to my college and grad school statistics books. It helped me produce a ton of money in poker and the stock market, as well as deal with difficult people and difficult situations, when at points I was seriously considering throwing in the towel.

All of that from a gambling theory book.