Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wowwwwww PA vs Gold All-in in a future episode?? potential 1 million + pot

[/ QUOTE ]

the question is, did they edit that to seem that way, or will it actually happen? iirc, they have edited those end of episode teasers to tease events that don't really happen.

[/ QUOTE ]But how often does somebody verbally call a non-all-in bet? I don't think think this is an edit.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The more I see of David Benyamine, the more I like him. It seems like he's always smiling and having a good time. If he's in a heads up pot, he'll talk about the hand just as casually as if he was discussing the weather or something. It's pretty funny when you consider the amount of money that's in the pot. It would seem like you'd want to clam up (unless you're Jamie Gold) and try not to give anything away. I love his attitude and the way he plays though. I also like the way he says "flush draw."

That's ballsy to fire a third bullet of 80k on the turn with no pair, no draw, and 7 high. I like it. Could never do it, but I like it a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, Benyamine seems to make remarkable reads and always say the right things to his opponents during the hand. Jamie put Benyamine on an overpair and he (Jamie)was going to bluff if a dangerous card came off on the turn. I would have loved to see how the hand would have played out had that happened.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:18 AM

Has anyone ever not liked Benyamine?

I really hope this thread doesn't devolve into 10 pages of moronic discussion about the Doyle hand. It's just a really tough spot for Doyle with what I assume were 500k+ stacks and only 30k'ish or so in on the turn. Doyle's read was right, just a tough spot so deep and I don't think he should be faulted.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:29 AM

Doyle had the right read. Unfortunately, he read the wrong player. As all the books about tells say, don't trust your read on a very bad player, because they may be honestly deluded about the strength of their hand. Doyle had the worst hand that still beat Jamie's hand, Jamie could just as well have had a higher flush.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:39 AM

Doyle read him correct, Jamie felt superstrong deepstacked with his flush. It's either play for stack or fold, he knows Jamie will put in another bet on the turn no matter what. Whoever thinks Doyle played that hand wrong is a donkey at best. His hand was like ace high in that situation and he got fooled by the man who fooled himself into believing he had the nuts.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Reraise all in. Don't give Gold a chance to suck out if he just has a pair with a higher spade, two pair, or a set. Get all the money in with the near nuts.

2) Call. This leaves you well over 300k on the river and you have position. See what comes and what Jamie does then.

3) Fold. Seriously, bad bad bad idea. Don't do it.

I will honestly be very surprised if many people disagree with me on this.

I was SHOCKED.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize how deep they are? I don't see any other good play there from Doyle. The money in the pot wasn't nearly worth Doyle risking his stack there, and thats exactly what he'd be doing in that spot since Gold bluffs, but he can still easily have a hand that beats him.

On top of that, I think its pretty obvious that most of the pros read Jamie Gold like a book. Doyle picked up that Gold had a strong hand, which narrows his range a lot, mostly to hands that are beating him.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doyle's read was right

[/ QUOTE ]

No, apparently it wasn't. Generally, when your read is correct, you are going to call or raise when you have the best hand, not fold. It's hard to say his read was correct when he gave away the chance to win hundreds of thousands of dollars in a situation where his opponent was drawing dead.

I'm not going to say it was a terrible unforgivable mistake to fold there, but it wasn't the "right read."
Old 11-06-2007, 01:47 AM

still not on tube.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doyle's read was right

[/ QUOTE ]

No, apparently it wasn't. Generally, when your read is correct, you are going to call or raise when you have the best hand, not fold. It's hard to say his read was correct when he gave away the chance to win hundreds of thousands of dollars in a situation where his opponent was drawing dead.

I'm not going to say it was a terrible unforgivable mistake to fold there, but it wasn't the "right read."

[/ QUOTE ]

Bit of semantics here I think. You're right his read of what exact hand Jamie Gold had was off, but thats not really what hand reading is about. Doyle read Gold as being strong, and he was.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:51 AM

Fantastic ep, I usually like Antonio, but the end was a total WTF moment.

Hopefully the rest of the season is this good.